Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Recruits
18-08-2009, 11:33 AM
New Recruits
It seems odd to me that when they needed fresh blood on the team, they pulled in Adam's wife Fiona and former colleague Zaf. I would think there would be policies in place to prevent a husband and wife from being on a team together like that. Any thoughts?

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2009, 11:53 AM
RE: New Recruits
(18-08-2009 11:33 AM)bertowud Wrote:  It seems odd to me that when they needed fresh blood on the team, they pulled in Adam's wife Fiona and former colleague Zaf. I would think there would be policies in place to prevent a husband and wife from being on a team together like that. Any thoughts?

I guess it made for better television with a wife & husband team...

As for Zaf.. the BBC needed to improve their diversity.. this was the quick fix.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
18-08-2009, 12:00 PM
(18-08-2009 11:53 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  I guess it made for better television with a wife & husband team...

As for Zaf.. the BBC needed to improve their diversity.. this was the quick fix.
There were other ways they could have introduced Zaf. He could have been another MI-5 officer that someone else knew or something.

18-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Was'nt he recruited from MI6...I seem to remember him being a collegue of Adam's, whilst he was over there, infact If I remember correctly...he came over to 5 from some work he had done before for the department?

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
18-08-2009, 03:45 PM
(18-08-2009 03:36 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  Was'nt he recruited from MI6...I seem to remember him being a collegue of Adam's, whilst he was over there, infact If I remember correctly...he came over to 5 from some work he had done before for the department?

If I remember correctly, Zaf was borrowed from 6 by Adam and they all agreed to keep him around. I'm just saying it seemed for a while there the Grid was all being replaced by Adam's friends for a brief period of time.

20-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Sounds like private sector manoeuvering then... Smile
Find all posts by this user
21-09-2009, 03:23 AM
(20-09-2009 05:33 PM)RoninExec Wrote:  Sounds like private sector manoeuvering then... Smile

Exactly the point I was trying to make.

21-09-2009, 10:25 AM
It does seem that a lot of recruits come from MI-6, is MI-5 seen as a retirement home for old MI-6 agents ? Surely some people must apply to work at MI-5 !!!
21-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Those ones get the 9 to 5 desk jobs.... Angry
21-09-2009, 05:17 PM
(21-09-2009 10:25 AM)HellsBells Wrote:  It does seem that a lot of recruits come from MI-6, is MI-5 seen as a retirement home for old MI-6 agents ? Surely some people must apply to work at MI-5 !!!

I'll apply to work there!!! lol, when I've done superbly well at my A-levels, got to University and have a c.v. so amazing that they'll have to accept me Wink But you have to admit, MI6 does have a much cooler building. And they have bird flats next door Heart And they have a runway into the Thames RIGHT next to them. I went on a duck tour and to go in the Thames they go down right next to MI6 Big Grin

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.