Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ruth's Diary - No. 22 (4.3)
17-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Ruth's Diary - No. 22 (4.3)
Sorry it's so late but I've been so busy recently, and I'm running on empty at the moment. (And I'm supposed to be on holiday at the moment!)

[14th September 2005]

British Way, our local pain-in-the-back racist party have started getting more active again. Six councillors in East London defected to the British Way today, so now they have control of the housing committee. They are using that control to prevent immigrants in the area from getting houses, a whites first policy called "Families United." It has got to be illegal, in no part of the British Laws can racial prejudice really be allowed. The British Way are inciting racial hatred, and in a country as diverse as England, this hardly fits in.

To make matters worse, local residents in the area have decided to start attacking both the non-British residents and their homes, destroying whatever life they had in that area. Some of those they are attacking are probably asylum seekers, seeking a life without war, but those attacking them don't see that. They hear all the rumours about immigrants being bad for the country and take that as an opportunity to inflict violence on others. Five policemen were hurt, that's how violent the residents became. Adam went down to see if the attacks were being supported by the British Way and, surprise surprise, members of the British Way were there. Not actively taking part, but still stoking the flames. Fiona was undercover at a British Way rally, to see how it went. We can't let William Sampson, the man in charge of the British Way, convert other MPs towards this racist, violent, viewpoint that he seems to think is right.

[15th September 2005]

The backlash has already started. Adam told us that "families are taking refuge in the local schools." How can this be right? They are basically taking part in ethnic cleansing in this region of East London. If a government in another country went to segregate one race from another there would be international condemnation, but here? Who is really listening to the people here? The British Way seem to have control of this area.

[16th September 2005]

Harry had the unfortunate task of meeting Juliet today. From his mood when he returned, I imagine he got grilled pretty badly. I can't imagine how annoyed she would be that we only found out about Sampson's plan at the same time as the British public. She'd probably go on about it being a "significant intelligence failure" knowing her. So, to prevent the British Way getting in power, we're going to play dirty tricks, make the party eat themselves. This piece of news seemed to please Zaf - he is the ultimate mastermind of dirty tricks, if he is to be believed. I can't wait to see him at work.

To destroy the British Way we're going to "destroy the democratic process in order to save it," rather than let them "use the democratic process in order to destroy it". It's times like these when you really realise that our job is not that dissimilar of that of the people we fight against.

Adam is going to be working undercover to turn Moran against Sampson, so his legend is a disillusioned British Way supporter. Fiona is working to turn Sampson against Moran, using a British MP that I have dug up. Peregrine Howell-Davis, an MP thinking of defecting to the British Way. Unfortunately for him, he's gay, which will be somewhat of an issue if he wishes to join the British Way. Fiona is going to exploit that to get him to help us destroy British Way.

[19th September 2005]

The first day of Fiona and Adam being undercover. Fiona met with Sampson, pretending to be Emily Glover, a lobbyist for Portman-Bright. Hopefully she'll be able to get close to Sampson. She also met Peregrine, and together with Harry it should be relatively easy to turn him.

Adam had his first meeting with Moran today. He hasn't yet made contact with his Isis, his pretend Aunt, who sends us his in depth status reports, but he did phone last night to briefly confirm he was ok.

[20th September 2005]

A school girl, Melanie Roberts has gone missing. Her poor mother.

Adam had to leave with Moran, but before he left he turned on the CCTV in the house. Moran's men were doing a search of his house, checking that he wasn't an undercover journalist. I dread to think what would have happened to him if they discovered he was working for MI5.

Harry and Fiona had another meeting with Peregrine. Rather unsurprisingly he agreed to help us. He is going to pretend to be a possible defector to the British Way. Meanwhile, Zaf's dirty tricks campaign has started. He's made some fake British Way leaflets, criticising one of the other candidate's disabled child, to make the British Way loose some sympathy. He's also got their list of speaking venues, and is making sure that they are double-booked for Gambler's Anonymous meetings. He's got data from a highly respectable polling company, who polled on all the issues people want Sampson to talk about, then he fiddled the findings to keep him off-message. He really is good at this sort of thing.

[21st September 2005]

I've got to get back to GCHQ. Temporarily, but still! I'm going to be going undercover as a cousin of Adam, giving Moran recordings of Sampson saying that Moran will be dropped from the party, recordings that I supposedly got from GCHQ. I still wish I didn't have to go back there.

[22nd September 2005]

Poor Melanie Roberts' body was found today. Ammunition for the British Way to use, of course, to swing voters their way as her murderer was a non-British citizen. They probably got that man to kill her, he was being treated for psychological illness, spent his whole time reading extremist websites, after he was severely tortured in his own country. Sampson went up to take flowers to where her body was found, shedding crocodile tears at the scene of the crime. Her poor mother was filmed on tv standing next to Sampson. She just looked devastated, she barely managed to move at all, probably still in shock. I don't know how any mother could go through that pain, of loosing their child.

People have been using her death to stir up even more violence. There are reports from across the UK of related violence, race-related violence. I have to meet Moran tomorrow. I'm terrified, this is my first big thing undercover.

[23rd September 2005]

I think it went well today. I hope it did anyway. We had lunch together, I got the files to Moran, I don't think it went horribly wrong.

[26th September 2005]

The last day and it nearly ended in disaster. It started well, we pretty much destroyed Sampson on National TV, Moran attacked Sampson, the party pretty much split up. But then Sampson realised what had been going on - we obviously didn't give him enough credit. Anyway, he realised that this was an op to destroy the British Way, and told Moran. Moran kidnapped Adam and I, and tried to shoot at us with a crossbow. We only survived because Adam distracted him so I could knock him unconscious with a large branch. This has been one of the most terrifying ops I've ever been on. I told Tom when he find out I was a mole for GCHQ that I wanted to be a real spy. Now I'm not so sure.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2010, 07:50 PM
RE: Ruth's Diary - No. 22 (4.3)
Lovely entry, almh. You clearly show her disgust of The British Way, its ideology and its methods. Liked the mention of Tom and how you show her uncertainty of taking on "real" spying. Good job.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
19-07-2010, 10:38 AM
Good entry Almh. Well done. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
19-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Nice job, almh, and poor Ruth -- having second thoughts about being a real spy.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
20-07-2010, 06:35 AM
I liked how Ruth underplayed her heroism in coming back to save Adam by hitting that guy with the branch. Well done.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-10-2011, 11:27 PM
"Shall I hit him again", Adam?"
"Only if you want to." Smile

Harry: "My God, Ruth. Is any institution safe from you?"
Ruth: "I like to think not."
-------------
Ceridwyn2
Celtic-Dragon's Blog