Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feature Requests
27-08-2010, 11:43 PM
zzQuestion Feature Requests
I've got fed up of relying on other people's plugins for the forum software, so I've started making my own.

Can you think of anything you'd like to see on the forum feature-wise? Anything that bugs you currently or that you think could be a good addition?

A thought which crossed my mind would be some sort of spy game integrated into the forum with missions and crap but I'm not 100% sure how it would work or what would be the best way to do it.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Smile

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2010, 09:20 AM
RE: Feature Requests
You will probably say that we can do these already and it is just me being a bit thick, but can we have a button that just empties our trash cans all in one go, instead of clicking on each item again. Also with series 9 coming up, can we have more specific spoiler tags for each episode rather than just "series 9." This may prevent people reading comments about future cast lists which they have read in TV guides etc etc.

Thanks.
TL

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2010, 01:30 PM
(30-08-2010 09:20 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  You will probably say that we can do these already and it is just me being a bit thick, but can we have a button that just empties our trash cans all in one go, instead of clicking on each item again.

Do you mean empty your PM trash can with a single click? Rather than deleting each PM individually?

(30-08-2010 09:20 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Also with series 9 coming up, can we have more specific spoiler tags for each episode rather than just "series 9." This may prevent people reading comments about future cast lists which they have read in TV guides etc etc.

Like this?

Series 9 Episode 1 Spoiler: show
Spoiler for episode 1

The code for the above is this:

Code:
[spoiler=9 Episode 1]Spoiler for episode 1[/spoiler]

Whatever you put after the '=' will appear after the word Series in the title. So it does allow you to be very specific. I could even put a timecode in there.

Hope that helps and please clarify on the trash can matter.

30-08-2010, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 30-08-2010 07:35 PM by A Cousin.)
Just pulling this outta my ass, how about in interactive map of Spooks locations? The kind where you scroll over a map of London and where ever you hover the cursor, a picture of the location pops up?

Love the spy game idea but also do not know how to make it work.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
30-08-2010, 10:30 PM
A Cousin, there's something kind of similar to that which some members here have put together:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&i...5&t=h&z=12

No pics though Undecided

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
30-08-2010, 10:43 PM
But it's Google maps, just use Streetview. Drag the little yellow guy over the marked location and you've got a 360 view. Way better than anything I could put together.

That help A Cousin?

31-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Hope you don't mind me giving a suggestion so soon after signing up, but I'm loving the 'spy games' idea. Maybe start off with some codes/clues for people to break to get into a 'secret' section of the site? They could then claim an 'icon' reward/codebreaker qualification to put on their profile? Could be fun!

"I love being mysterious"
31-08-2010, 06:48 PM
I'm loving the enthusiasm but I'd need a more specific description. We'd have to have a lot of missions and something that'd be hard to complete and then what would be in the secret section of the site? I like the idea of the award for completing it.

I was thinking of more of an never-ending game, you'd get regular 'missions' and have to complete them and the number of missions you've completed could go in your profile to show what a seasoned operative you are. But then I came undone thinking about what the missions could be, there'd have to be a lot of them and they would have to varied too.

I was also thinking of have two sides working against each other, so members would be randomly assigned to each team and maybe each team would have a leader. Then you could have assassination missions or stealing intel from the other team. Things like that.

31-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Wow, that sounds awesome! No idea on how you would do something like that though Undecided

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
31-08-2010, 07:00 PM
I'm confident I could make it given enough time. I'm just not sure I could come up with enough missions and how exactly the missions would work. Hence asking you lot lol Smile