Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
RE: Series 9 Episode 3 discussion
Loved It!......Harry was on fire....
Find all posts by this user
04-10-2010, 09:13 PM
(04-10-2010 09:02 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Loved It!......Harry was on fire....

Seconded. I was a bit gutted that the scene with Harry and Ruth by the river wasn't A: Longer and B: about Lucas, as it looked in the trailer.

I was hoping we'd learn more about Lucas/John/Vaughan this week, but instead we get a snogging scene. I'm desperate to know what Lucas/John and Vaughan did in Africa.

And then "Albany"... I'd read here before that this would be a theme for the series, but as usual no one here really knows what it's about, just speculation/rumours. Introduced subtly (Like Sugarhorse, Nightingale etc) and presumably will have a dramtic effect near the end of the series.

On a lighter note: damn, did Harry not look good in his overcoat/suit this week... I envy his fashion sense. If I had the money I'd dress like him more often.
04-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Favourite episode so far this series. It had a feel of urgency and had me on the edge of my seat.

Loved the scenes in the underground.

And all is not well between Harry and Ruth. Great scenes between them but it will all end in tears you mark my words.

As for the ending well we've been down this route before with Lucas' love life.
04-10-2010, 09:17 PM
What an absolute cracker of an episode. Action from start to finish (i'm not including the snog at the end there.) Yes, there was lots of running around and guns pointing all over the shop, but it was exciting.

I think I will have to watch it again, as there were so many good lines. Within the first ten minutes I thought Ruth was going to knee Harry in his credentials, he was acting like such a child !

Loved the Harry and HS moments. They really don't like each other do they? Also loved the framing of the scene with Harry and the Russian Ambassador on the Embankment, the walking together. Clean filming. This was missing in S8.

The end with Harry and Ruth was heartbreaking. I think he was letting Ruth know the affect she has had on him, since she turned him down. He was almost pleading there.

As for Lucas and Maya !!! Heavens above. Why did they need to snog? I thought he was going to "tell her everything" not "show her everything."

Super Super Super (apart from the last minute) Yahoo

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Each week Lucas reveals another tiny snippet! It's dragging us along Sad darn - but then I suppose that is the idea!

I think Albany is a file of some sort, which I think

Spoiler: show
the team end up chasing after. Yes, that's the 'team' - so I think by ep 7/8 Lucas may have come clean to one and all.

"They're awfully tenacious, bless them. I think they want to give me a polonium suppository."

- Ros, 7.1
04-10-2010, 09:26 PM
A good episode with PF and NW in fine form. I also liked the actor who played Viktor, his line about Walt Disney's head buried under the pirates of the caribbean ride and Lucas's deadpan "you need to get out more, Viktor", Classic!! Loved the Harry and Home Secretary scenes, from someone who wanted to "perculate" on Harry's resignation, he certainly has changed his tune regarding Harry.

I also wondered what Lucas would tell Maya, but predictably she seems to accept his very flimsy explanations and falls into his arms.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
04-10-2010, 09:29 PM
Quote:As for Lucas and Maya !!! Heavens above. Why did they need to snog? I thought he was going to "tell her everything" not "show her everything."

uuugh, yeah!! Thcussing
04-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Humph.... Friends turned up and talked through half of the episode. Grrr. Will have to re-watch now.... Angry
04-10-2010, 09:36 PM
Such a cleverly written episode. I loved all the crosses and double crosses. It continues the theme of lies and truth: when to lie for the good of your country and when to tell the truth for the good of your soul.

Great scenes between H and R as they feel their way through the changing relationship - beautiful acting as always.

As for Lucas, well they're not going to dump all the secrets on us at this early stage in the series. And he can whisper 'Close your eyes' to me any time!

[Image: spooks97hj-1-1-1.jpg]