Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The end of spooks...
21-06-2011, 06:07 PM
The end of spooks...
Am a bit bored and nothing new happens on the forum at the moment so I thought I would start a new thread: THE END OF SPOOKS...Blush

I have no idea if s10 is the last but its very possible so how do you think Spooks will end?

(im sorry if this sort of discussion is already on other threads i just could not find so i started a new one).

Hope to get some activity here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2011, 08:39 AM
RE: The end of spooks...
As I don't want it to end, I'm going to bury my head in the sand on this one and not even consider how I feel it should end. Let the writers surprise me (or disappoint me) either way, I'll be gutted! And gutted was a bit how I felt when I saw the thread topic as I thought an official announcement had been made. Thank goodness hope is still alive.

If I must give an opinion- here's how I DON'T want it to end - H&R going off into the sunset. I am a big H&R fan and I want them to get together and the show to continue with that new challenge. That is not the ending for Spooks.

And finally, I really don't want to find out that Section D is really purgatory and all the dead officers have really moved on and that H&R just can't let go ....Wink
Find all posts by this user
22-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Ha ha... Im really sorry I shocked you with this headline... thats what happens when one is bored i guess... Wink

I would not want Spooks to end in s10 either but if that is what happens there is nothing we can do about it but to hope for a spectacular last season.

The funny thing is that i dont even know myself how I would like to see Spooks ending... Im big HR fan as well as most of us I guess... and them doing off into the sunset would not really suit them but then again I would not mind that.... I just hope for smth more...

I really hope they dont make Harry or Ruth a mole in some way and dont let them heart broken in the end... Huh

I wonder if there is any good ending for this show?? Whatever characters do MI5 does continue...
22-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Adam RE: The end of spooks...
I can see it ending with a main character dying and there being a funeral.

And let the abuse and grief for this suggestion begin!
22-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Personally, I think something big is afoot for Harry Pearce, I don't see the writers 'damaging' the character of Ruth, I think she's shaping up to be more of the 'central' character to the show, rather than Harry now.

If this is the end, I'd just like a decent ending (You hear that writers?? Wink ) One that will tie up most loose ends and the majority of questions any viewers may have.

Harry & Ruth fan Heart Ros & Malcolm fan

Books are a girls best friend Wink
23-06-2011, 08:20 AM
A main character dying and a funeral ................. god, how dull!! I sincerely hope the incredible writers they get for Spooks can come up with something a little more original than that! Mind you, if they have already indoctrinated us into believing that is the most likely outcome, then perhaps they haven't been so original after all. I vote for a truly memorable ending - something positive and life-affirming. Something that makes us believe that actually, if you devote your life to courageously defending others you will achieve, at the very least, some sense of self-worth.
23-06-2011, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2011 10:42 AM by beatrice4ruth.)
23-06-2011, 10:54 AM
H/R will get married while jumping off a helicopter wearing a tuxedo and a wedding dress!!
23-06-2011, 11:19 AM
It would be a bit too much for poor Harry, at his age, to jump off a helicopter. Finally getting married to Ruth would enough excitement for Harry! We do not want him to keel over.
23-06-2011, 11:37 AM
It'll end in tears because it's Spooks. I can't see them killing Ruth and don't see Harry wanting to continue either, especially if he's hauled over the coals for past misdemeanors but since Ruth has become a bit prissy I'm not sure she'll approve of too much rule breaking he may have done in the past. Since Harry and Ruth are going to be the only surviving main characters at the start I see them already together as a couple in the coming series because I think that last scene on the grid in series 9 with everyone looking shocked and Ruth in tears was going to be a cliffhanger with us not knowing what happened to Harry or Lucas, but then RA decided to move on! Seems natural for Ruth to have finally given in to Harry's charms when she learns he's still alive!! But then what?? More emotional turmoil, angst and heartache before an end to a short but sweet liaison and life on the Grid will then go on as Harry walks away leaving Ruth, yes you guessed it, watching him through her tears via CCTV cameras on her computer screen.