Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 Episode 2 Speculation
19-09-2011, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 02:14 PM by Nitrus.)
Series 10 Episode 2 Speculation
Ok I think we might as well start discussing episode 2 if we have anything to say about it...

Here is synopsis of ep 2 from BBC one so if you want to avoid SPOILERS, DO NOT look under this!!!!

Series 10 Spoiler: show
High-level secrets are stolen when Calum is mugged outside Thames House. A random robbery or a theft-to-order? Either way there are lethal consequences for the agents and assets of Section D.

Calum is attacked by a gang of street muggers during a routine intelligence-sharing exercise with MI6. The laptop he was carrying is stolen, and contains highly-classified information on MI5's undercover assets. Their names are soon plastered all over the internet, making MI5 look incompetent and putting those top assets' lives in danger.

It is a race against time to stop the next spy being exposed. Tariq scours London's CCTV network, but the muggers are highly trained and have used sophisticated cleaning routes to ensure they remain undetected. Having made an arrangement for her to contact him, Harry meets Elena at the ballet. But the Russian FSB are on her trail, and Elena's own son, Sasha, is forced into drastic - and deadly - action to prevent any revelation of his mother's former life as a western spy.

The team discover who is leaking their assets' identities onto the internet, only to realise that this is part of a bigger plan to discredit MI5; whoever is attacking MI5 has the backing and support of an international state. Tariq makes a breakthrough, linking the muggers to a surprising third-party. He rushes across London to tell Harry and the team, but will he make it in time?

And here are teasing lines of dialogue from episode 2 taken from Cultbox...
» 'She believes what she’s doing is right.'
» 'Emotional blackmail, eh Harry?'
» 'You put me in danger when you became a traitor…'
» 'I’m really not that brave, you know.'
» 'Why do I get all the bodily fluid jobs?'
» 'Well, that was a short career.'
» 'You lied to me!'
» 'He’s like you, in some ways.'
» 'You killed him.'
» 'Our hands can’t get much dirtier, can they?'

Sooo what do u think?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2011, 05:40 PM
RE: Series 10 Episode 2 discussion
And from the trailer after ep1

Is the last line from Sasha "It's just you and me Daddy"?

I really like Tariq, I hope this episode shows him properly proving his worth Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2011, 06:13 PM
(19-09-2011 10:37 AM)richliga Wrote:  Ok I think we might as well start discussing episode 2 if we have anything to say about it...

Here is synopsis of ep 2 from BBC one so if you want to avoid SPOILERS, DO NOT look under this!!!!

High-level secrets are stolen when Calum is mugged outside Thames House. A random robbery or a theft-to-order? Either way there are lethal consequences for the agents and assets of Section D.

Calum is attacked by a gang of street muggers during a routine intelligence-sharing exercise with MI6. The laptop he was carrying is stolen, and contains highly-classified information on MI5's undercover assets. Their names are soon plastered all over the internet, making MI5 look incompetent and putting those top assets' lives in danger.

It is a race against time to stop the next spy being exposed. Tariq scours London's CCTV network, but the muggers are highly trained and have used sophisticated cleaning routes to ensure they remain undetected. Having made an arrangement for her to contact him, Harry meets Elena at the ballet. But the Russian FSB are on her trail, and Elena's own son, Sasha, is forced into drastic - and deadly - action to prevent any revelation of his mother's former life as a western spy.

The team discover who is leaking their assets' identities onto the internet, only to realise that this is part of a bigger plan to discredit MI5; whoever is attacking MI5 has the backing and support of an international state. Tariq makes a breakthrough, linking the muggers to a surprising third-party. He rushes across London to tell Harry and the team, but will he make it in time?

And here are teasing lines of dialogue from episode 2 taken from Cultbox...
» 'She believes what she’s doing is right.'
» 'Emotional blackmail, eh Harry?'
» 'You put me in danger when you became a traitor…'
» 'I’m really not that brave, you know.'
» 'Why do I get all the bodily fluid jobs?'
» 'Well, that was a short career.'
» 'You lied to me!'
» 'He’s like you, in some ways.'
» 'You killed him.'
» 'Our hands can’t get much dirtier, can they?'

Sooo what do u think?

I am intrigued by

the person(s) who wants to destroy MI-5 and what international state wants to support the conspirators?

I like too much Juliet for her to be the culprit. She is not that devious. Mace and Tessa are my favorites. Perhaps they are too obvious. Somehow I think it is a high-ranking official and not a young person, unless one suspects Tom or Zoe.

For the international state, we have our usual suspects: Russia, USA, China, the Arab world or even some elements of the British establishment. I think that we can forget France or South America.

I will not comment about Elena and the FSB. It seems to suggest that Elena is a victim of the Russian system, which I really have a problem with.

Exciting episode where we will see old-fashioned spying and perhaps fewer flashbacks!
19-09-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm wondering if
Tom is involved in trying to bring Harry and MI5 down
20-09-2011, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 10:33 AM by beatrice4ruth.)
I am wondering why Sascha is a FSB officer if

he is such a loose canon. He is unhinged at least in Harry's home. In Episode 2 he is supposed to kill somebody to protect his mother. In the preview for Episode 2, it seems to me that he does not have a healthy relationship with his mother. Sascha is way too violent for me. I just can't believe that he is the son of Harry, who is so self-possessed.

I hope that Harry is going to the ballet only to find more information from Elena about the impersonator. I really can't cope with a maudlin Harry.

I still think that Elena is not the innocent wife of a powerful ex-KGB millionaire. She might have been naive at the time when Harry and Jim Coates turned her into an agent, but I am quite sure that the KGB found out about it and she became a double agent. Both Gavrik and Elena are in London to take revenge on Harry, when he is at his lowest in his career. They have been watching him for years as proved by the old photos of Harry and Tom. I wonder whether they know that Harry killed Katchimov.

The Gavriks, who must in cahoots with the impersonator, do not realize the brilliance of Ruth and her love for Harry. He turns to her as a last resort because he knows that she will do anything to protect him.

I am very concerned about Tariq's fate. Please not another death of a techie.
20-09-2011, 11:14 AM
This is the fantastic review in TV Times for Ep2.

What a corker of an episode! After last week's dramatic revelation that Harry has a son with his former Russian spy mistress, the emotionally drained MI5 chief is desperate to ensure that her cover isn't blown. Someone has been posing as him, but who? Meanwhile the team face a huge threat when a laptop containing a list of their top assets is stolen. With the names of British spies being posted on the internet, it's a race against time to find the culprits. There's a death at the ballet, poison umbrella tips and a final twist in a classic hour of Spooks.

What puzzles me is that this is given 5 stars and Downton Abbey only 4 yet Downton gets "Pick of the Day".
20-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Closing this thread.

Opening a discussion thread for an unaired episode one week early only yields speculation which is better served being in the Rumors & Speculation thread.

We like to keep the episode discussion threads as much as possible about the facts of the episode combined with analysis and opinion on what actually aired.

Noone wants to come back here after episode 2 airs and have to trapse through page after page of speculation before being able to read/contribute to discussion on the episode itself.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user