Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 - Episode 2 Discussion
20-09-2011, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 20-09-2011 02:16 PM by Nitrus.)
Series 10 - Episode 2 Discussion
This thread is for discussion of Series 10, Episode 2 and will be opened for discussion shortly before airtime on BBC1.

Please use the Rumors & Speculation thread to speculate about Episode 2.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2011, 09:15 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 2 Discussion
Let the discussion begin!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
25-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Ruth Evershed is a villain
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2011, 09:17 PM (This post was last modified: 25-09-2011 09:19 PM by Forever Secret.)
Ahhh I can't be bothered to type it all out again... so pasted thoughs from elsewhere

Oh....Tariq...I'm in tears over his final scene with Calum, that really was heartbreaking
Just a few words for now,
For my liking Harry and Ruth? Not enough, we needed more but I think part of the Harry/Erin talk was directed at Ruth, because he knows he can't have a normal life involving her because of his job.
Calum and Tariq having banter was great though, and it was so sweet to see them talking about having a drink at the end of the episode.

I thought the Harry and Elena Scene was nowhere near as bad as I thought it'd be.
I knew Elena would say something about Harry giving her Sasha as being a gift, and it looks like it's coming from the side of Elena in terms of feeling for each other.
I loved Sasha in this episode, I find it refreshing not just to see the cost of being a spy in MI5 but also the FSB as we see with Sasha

The Harry and Ruth scene were what we're used to...angst and for once Ruth is seeming to argue with him, she's standing up to him! I find that pretty good, she';s trying to break that bond but she can't but I do find it annoying that after last week when they seemed to be getting close,... this week Harry has gone cold trying to forget about Sasha and Elena and blanking Ruth's attempts to try and talk to him, which forces her to be cold back to him, no use trying to help him if he's going to block her out. And then I totally agree with what Ruth is doing, not doing as Harry asks...she has every right to investigate and look into him, Harry is trying to close his emotions... its odd to see them actually arguing like that, out in the open, the tense looks tell us everything. Ruth's annoyed because Harry's not cooperating with her, Harry's blocking his emotions to do his job... no wonder Ruth is torn in Ep3

I thought this weeks ep was actually a lot better than last week... much more action and I'm loving Erin! She is no where near as tough as she makes out to be and I really like Lara Pulver

Calum is Calum, but he's becoming less arrogant after the chat with Tariq

I don't think Coaver is the impersonator... its too simple.
And I actually really like Ilya Gavrik, Jonathan Hydes voice continues to scare me!
Erm... Sasha...Oooh Sasha what a lovely young man, I actually think he's an innocent in this
As for the person handing over the laptop! ELENA! Just LOOK at the image, its her hair, her walk and her figure! Thats obviously why the writers felt the need to stop Tariq revealing it... because he knew.

As for poor Tariq... RIP Tariq Masood (I Think he's gone) I cried, his character got the chance to shine this episode, Shazad Latif was brilliant, he's always been a sweetie and I loved to see him get annoyed at Calum... I'll miss him

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
25-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Getting better, what an episode tonight, things are being revealed slowly but surely, can't wait for next week...............(poor Tariq though!!!)
8/10
25-09-2011, 09:19 PM
(25-09-2011 09:15 PM)elz_01 Wrote:  Ruth Evershed is a villain

It looks that way but they could be leading us down the wrong path............lets hope so.

Already missing Tariqs IT gobbledygook.
25-09-2011, 09:24 PM
Poor Tariq. This show still has the ability to make me cry buckets for the characters I love. Tariq has grown on me so much for his quiet persistance and his last scene in the cab was horrifying. Brilliant job by Shazad Latif. I'll miss him.

Great storyline. This series is so much better written than the last one.

[Image: spooks97hj-1-1-1.jpg]
25-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Where to start, this series is GRIPPING! So much going on, so hard to keep up! Poor Tariq, there seems to be an assasin lurking on every street corner. Anyone else think it was Elena who he picked up on CCTV being given the stolen laptop? So she's still a double agent (or worse). I actually feel quite sorry for Sasha, I think he's only grasping the tip of the iceberg. Good to see Harry open up to Erin a bit, next time it's got to be Ruth. Jim Coaver is seriously suspicious - or is this too obvious? And felt really sorry for the asset Erin burnt - shows another aspect of the harsh realities of spying.

Can't go on, must go on
25-09-2011, 09:28 PM
No way is Ruth a villain.

Totally confused at what's going on - they have me baffled at this stage.

Brilliant episode tonight. Lat week was for the fans only but this week was full of action and what an ending. The significance of it being Calum who was there - like handing the baton on.

Well done to those who spotted that Tariq wasn't listed in future episodes - I just thought it was another case of IMdB not being on the ball.
25-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Great episode. Agree that it's gripping, and baffling stuff - it could very well be Elena with the laptop, she is intriguing. I thought for a moment it could be Juliet, but would she have caused Tariq's reaction? Did he know Juliet?

Coaver as the villain is somewhat obvious, but you never know with this lot!

Would Ruth as the villain count as Nicola's "audacious" ending? I'm just saying....

Alas, poor Tariq, we knew him well. And loved his character. Brilliant acting from Shazad in the cab.