Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 - Start to Finish
09-09-2009, 11:55 PM
zzWink Episode 1 - Start to Finish
Ok.... thought this would be fun, let's breakdown episode 1 and try and guess what exactly will happen:

Here's what I think:

Spoiler: show
Episode opens with The Grid Ros & the team are desperately trying to locate Harry, trying to get a response. They obviously fail at first.

They eventually figure out that the FSB have captured him. They guess he has been taken to Moscow & send Lucas over there.

Meanwhile Malcolm is up to something, the audience won't know until the end. But we hear snippets of phone calls about someone returning, and a meeting which will take place at a later stage.

Lucas expends all his contacts in Moscow and comes up with a possible lead in St Petersburg. Ros & Jo travel around London interrogating all Russian diplomats about potential intelligence on Harry.

The last scene shows Malcolm walking along the Thames, walking up behind a figure (clearly female) and stopping just short of her. He says "Hello" sheepishly and the figure turns... it is clearly Ruth.. she smiles and at THAT moment the screen goes to that negative black & white thing and we see next weeks preview.

Pretty good eh? Tongue

Reply with suggestions & changes and we will eventually map out the entire episode. Big Grin

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2009, 02:57 AM
RE: Episode 1 - Start to Finish
Interesting. Sounds pretty good too.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Ive just been reading Ian Wylie's blog and apparently 'word on the set is that episode one is “brilliant”......... so looking forward to it! said blog can be found here http://blogs.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...eight.html

[Image: mybanner4a8745373c475.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
15-09-2009, 12:45 PM
I don't think anyone would want to add anything to Nitrus' storyline!
I particularly love the thought of Ros 'interrogating' Russian diplomats"
16-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Maybe Spooks should hire you as one of the writers, Nitrus! Very good hypothesis.

I would only add
scenes of Harry being tortured by the Russians interspersed throughout the episode.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
16-09-2009, 07:22 AM
Lucas also needs an A&E department.
26-09-2009, 07:48 PM
(15-09-2009 12:45 PM)penfold Wrote:  I don't think anyone would want to add anything to Nitrus' storyline!
I particularly love the thought of Ros 'interrogating' Russian diplomats"

The line about the Polonium suppository springs to mind from when Ros is in the taxi from the airport fresh back from Russia.
26-09-2009, 08:39 PM
That would be 'interrogation with extreme prejudice' !
26-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Ok,
what if those in higher places try and make Harry's disappearance look like he has defected and gone over to the Russians. He was the double agent all along? No one is allowed to go and rescue him in the Grid so they have to bring in someone from the outside ?? Ruth must be missing her cats by now?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
27-09-2009, 01:35 PM
How about
At the end of series 7 Malcolm shakes hands with Harry just before he goes to meet the FSB guy Victor, did Malcolm use the nano technology in a ring, liked they used to trace Mohammed Khorad (?). They could then track Harry using microwave bursts.
Just a thought.