Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 4 - Road Trip
09-09-2009, 11:58 PM
zzQuestion Episode 4 - Road Trip
So this is the episode where Adam goes undercover on a refugee immigrant route from Turkey to the UK trying to turn an Al-Qaf terrorist (his name escapes me).

I particularly liked this episode because it was one of the rare episodes where Section D were completely outwitted by the enemy, which gives a good contrast compared to other episodes.

The assassination of the Prince was a bit brutal lol.

What are you thoughts?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2009, 12:41 PM
RE: Episode 4 - Road Trip
I also liked it, although I thought Adam posing as a man of Middle eastern descent was a bit of a stretch. But it was good in showing that the political leadership (Juliet) should perhaps not be too closely involved in the day-to-day decision making of MI5. It seemed that both Harry and Adam realised something was off, and left to their own would probably not have allowed the guy to see the prince. Although that would have robbed the viewing public from the valuable lesson that your glasses could be a lethal weapon...Tongue

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
So *that's* why people undercover wear glasses Wink In case someone is trying to kill them with a knife, they stab them with their glasses!

How fortunate is it that they have the leading character who can speak the language required? Bit irritating - I'd like to see them import people from other sections in, like borrow one of MI6's agents, and get them to do it, because how likely is it that out of the three current field agents one speaks the correct language and looks the part? And anyway, I thought abroad was 6's zone. And I agree with Silktie that the episode was showing political leadership should leave operational decisions to the people whose jobs it actually is - isn't that what spooks is pretty much saying in every series?!?!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
10-09-2009, 05:09 PM
The undercover role Adam played in this episode reflects his history as an MI6 agent.. we knew he had all these abilities when he was first introduced, so in that respect it wasn't a case of getting someone in to do it... because they already had a character with experience so why not use him?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
Fair point, I forgot about that Blush

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
17-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Can someone explain to me why Zaf couldn't have played the undercover role? I thought that was the whole benefit to having him on the team?

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!
17-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Erm... I dunno. I think the writers (and some of the viewers!) just liked RPJ more. Wink

17-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Yeah, you've gotta love Rupert Tongue
Did anyone see him in the 39 steps?
He played a spook equivelant character but in war time, I think I actually went OH MY GOD ITS ADAM!!!!! HE'S BACK, HE'S ALIVE, HE'S--!! oh, he's a Nazi. Oh no wait, British side. Its all good...

Tongue yeah, that TvGuide was the best reading material I got that weekend...
17-11-2009, 07:21 PM
(17-11-2009 05:55 PM)ForQueenAndCountryAndSpooks~ Wrote:  Yeah, you've gotta love Rupert Tongue
Did anyone see him in the 39 steps?
He played a spook equivelant character but in war time, I think I actually went OH MY GOD ITS ADAM!!!!! HE'S BACK, HE'S ALIVE, HE'S--!! oh, he's a Nazi. Oh no wait, British side. Its all good...

Tongue yeah, that TvGuide was the best reading material I got that weekend...

Was that any good? I love the Robert Donat version and needless to say Robert Donat.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
24-11-2009, 05:00 PM
I have... no idea who Robert Donat is. Hang on, i'll go IMDB him.

*Goes away and Googles, before returning promptly*

Yep, i'm still nonethewiser. But RPJ was amazing as Richard Hannay! And being a bit of a dork, I love the concept that Adam is played by Rupert, Rupert played Richard, Richard plays Lucas, and Lucas is now replacing Adam.

Big Grin Circle of life, eh? And the best i've ever seen at that Tongue