Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Wikipedia: Series 8 Airs on 13th October!
10-09-2009, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2009 12:14 AM by Nitrus.)
zzExclamation Wikipedia: Series 8 Airs on 13th October!
Ok Wikipedia has just thrown this in my face:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spooks#Series_8

Quote:Series 8

In December 2008, just before the end of series 7, the BBC announced that series 8 would start filming in March 2009 and air in late 2009,[18] with both Hermione Norris (Ros) and Richard Armitage (Lucas) returning for the new series. Filming finished at the end of May 2009, and will start being aired on the 13th October 2009.[19]

I have checked out the citation and reference and there is no evidence to back this up at all.

HOWEVER, the date fits with the confirmed mid-october range, BUT it is on a Tuesday which I believe differs from the two previous series (correct me if wrong).

What do we think? Possible date?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2009, 02:51 AM
RE: Wikipedia: Series 8 Airs on 13th October!
My philosophy on Wikipedia: Wikipedia is the first place you look for info, but should never be the last.

Sounds good though.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
10-09-2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah I agree date sounds about right but a tuesday?? that would be a break from the usual format
Find all posts by this user
10-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Hopefully right! It all depends on scheduling, so maybe a Tuesday. Not too far away... But when are they going to start putting on trailers????

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
10-09-2009, 05:10 PM
oh I hope so Smile I don't think they'll start putting trailers up for a while yet, Waterloo road starts on the 23rd of September and no trailers yet...

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
10-09-2009, 05:10 PM
(10-09-2009 04:52 PM)almh Wrote:  But when are they going to start putting on trailers????

I doubt they'll start doing that until October....

10-09-2009, 05:12 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
10-09-2009, 05:14 PM
(10-09-2009 05:12 PM)almh Wrote:  NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lol don't worry... the moment any footage from the new series is leaked I will be on it like a hound. Tongue

In the meantime we do have videos from filming for Series 8 in the videos section lol.

Btw, you are 5 posts away from becoming the forums first Senior Officer Tongue

10-09-2009, 07:33 PM
I don't think Spooks has ever been shown on a Tuesday but I guess there's a first time for everything! The actual date sounds about right, although I still think it might be the week after as the DVD is only out on 12th September. And trailers don't normally start to be shown until a couple of weeks before the programme is broadcast, so early October at least. However the BBC do normally show a trailer for the upcoming Autumn season so we might see some new Spooks snippets in that.
10-09-2009, 08:31 PM
I was just about to post what FionaC said Smile We may see a glimpse in the upcoming autumn schedule trailer but probably no individual Spooks trailers until early October. I wouldn't trust Wiki at all, most of its predictions are rubbish.

It will happen whenever, I can wait.