Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Look at all the cake and presents...
21-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Harry Look at all the cake and presents...
When I was sitting at the desk of my 2009 summer job I found myself thinking about Spooks, the eighth series was going to be airing in a couple of months and while I was a member of communities for many of my interests, I had not come across such a one for Spooks fans which I felt I could become a part of. It was at that moment that I set about launching Spooks Forum, a community that I could nurture and grow into a haven for fans of my favourite show on television.

Now that show is drawing to a close it feels appropriate to look back fondly on the time we've had with the show and indeed the many hours each of us has spent on Spooks Forum.

There's been laughter, excitement, anticipation, secrecy, curiosity, disagreement, controversy, drama and even tears. But in amongst all that has been the people, it's the people that make Spooks Forum what it is. I don't think you could put together a more diverse set of people if you tried, if we all met up somewhere you would never have guessed that there was something we all had in common, something we all treasured. There's something very beautiful about the ability to connect with people through one common interest and grow to love more than that about them.

Some of the relationships established here will last a lifetime and that is something that I can be incredibly proud of, and so can you. I want to thank each and every one of you for what you have contributed to this community and I hope the community has repaid you.

It is clear to me that after Spooks has ended this place will never be the same again. However, you may rest assured that it will still be here years from now, standing as a monument to a brilliant show and a incredible community of people. If there's one thing I can say for sure, it is that even though Spooks is over, we have an enormous amount of re-watching to do together and I can't wait to read what generations of new fans have to say about old episodes.

I could get emotional and even shed a tear over the times we've had together in front of our TV screens and I could write pages about what this place means to me. But for now, let's leave it as something wonderful, something that was never said.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: Look at all the cake and presents...
There is definitely a camaraderie here that I have seen but only a few other fandoms I've been involved in and the community aspect of all three have been great. One of the other two fandoms the show has been off the air for two years now but the bond that it created has been strong. I do hope that this community continues to grow and be a positive experience for all.

Thanks, Nitrus and the other moderators for providing a great place to hang out and read some insightful discussions & well-written fanfic. Smile

Harry: "My God, Ruth. Is any institution safe from you?"
Ruth: "I like to think not."
-------------
Ceridwyn2
Celtic-Dragon's Blog
Ceridwyn2's Twitter
Find all posts by this user
21-10-2011, 10:41 AM
I always thought myself a bit silly, being such a great fan of a wonderful series for so many years and letting 'it get to me' so many times, but I now know that that's not silly at all. Thanks to you, this forum and all the people on this forum.
Even though I've not been member long I've very much enjoyed reading and replying to all sorts of threads and I count myself lucky to get away now and again to a world where I can let my imagination run free.
I will miss Spooks on TV, but I know that re-watching this brilliant and wonderful show and all it's fabulous actors on DVD will be fun as well.
Thank you all from a Dutch Spooks fan.
21-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I am new to this fan forum but "Thank You"
to Nitrus,Beatriz,Silktie & others who make this forum what it is
It is nice to talk to like minded individual's Thank's to all.

Triple Hazard
21-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Awww that made me tear up a little Smile
Thank you for making this such an amazing place to be though Nitrust and Silktie, Beatriz, all the Mods, you're all amazing Sad
It may just be a TV show but look at what Spooks has done,
It's given us something to talk about and brought people together, made people friends, made brilliant conversations, made great debates and discussions... its brilliant to realise and show like Spooks can do that Smile
Going to feel strange after the show is over, but it's been an incredible 10 years of TV, and an amazing time here of SF Smile

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
21-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Awww that made me tear up a little
& there was me thinking you was a Cold Hearted senior Spook.

Triple Hazard
21-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Awww look, there's lots I want to say but you've put a lump in my throat so for now, I'll just say thanks for making it possible and for sure I'll be sticking around for re-watches. I think we should start right from ep 1, after a suitable mourning period and digest of s10 finale, but not leaving it too long for us to get back on the horse!

Thanks for setting the place up and for keeping it going, at first I thought you were going to say you wanted to shut the place down. Please don't!!!!!
21-10-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd like to add my thanks to Nitrus and to all the other Mods who have become really good buds. Silktie, Bea, and the retired bertowud - all fantastic and have done and do so much to keep this place kicking.

I'd also like to thank all the fan ficcers who provide something really special to this place that help set it apart. It's incredible how that part of the forum especially has grown.

Special thanks to the affiliates, particularly Skully who is also a great bud.

Hope some of you stick around and maybe that someone is reading this some time in the future and that we're still vaguely interested.

I'm really proud of my contribution to this place. Hope we continue to have discussions that I think about at odd times.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
21-10-2011, 01:37 PM
aww thats lovely.
i have been a member on here for a long time and will continue to be even when the show stops (BOOOO).
have enjoyed coming on here throughout the year discussing episodes and characters and our aspirations Smile
my favourite spooks life moment so far was defo meeting miranda raison. beautiful, talented and a lovely lovely person!! will miss this show immensely and i do not know how i will react when its done and dusted :'(
21-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Many Thanks Nitrus for all the hours and the work you have done to keep this forum alive and kicking, and to all the friends online, in particular the Hidden Dragons team.... although sad that Spooks is coming to an end, I look forward to many more years of discussions, re-watches and postings... Thanks everyone!

[Phone Rings]
Harry: "If this is not life threatening, then I hope your passport is up-to-date!"