Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you rate Season 10?
24-10-2011, 07:28 AM
How did you rate Season 10?
Love it? Hate it? Where does it come on your list? What other seasons did it feel like?

Over to you!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2011, 08:07 AM
RE: How did you rate Season 10?
Out of 6 hours worth of this series most of the first 5 hours and 50 minutes were excellent.
24-10-2011, 12:13 PM
It will take a while to put it into perspective but on the whole I thought it was a very good Season just E3 a slight letdown.

Peter Firth gets the most attention but I think the outstanding cast memebr ws Nicola Walker particularly in the last two episodes.

Her performance is surely deserving of a BAFTA award?
24-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Absolutely first class, although it has to be said you could see that there was very little spare money.

Firmly puts the debacle of S9 behind us.

Beautiful performances throughout, however, the ladies were magnificent (yes, even LP, who grew on me & I didn't expect her to), but a masterclass from Mr. Peter Firth, who owned this series from beginning to end, which was exactly as it should be.

[Image: Harrysig.jpg]
24-10-2011, 01:53 PM
it certainly hit the ground running after the train crash that was s9! yet again though to much focus was put on certain cast members to the detriment of others such as Erin, Dimitri and yes even Callum! Erin especialy was meant to be the boss of section D harrys right hand woman, his 2nd in comand and i didnt feel that from her at all, why did she have a child it was explored, did we even find out Callums last name? Erin was no Ros Myers thats for sure, although she did redeem herself by comforting harry after
Spoiler: show
ruths death
and by getting everyone to go back to normal

the shock of Tariqs death set the series up to be something spectacular even through he wasnt really mentioned again and i felt no sense of anger or Loss (like wtih did after Adam and Ros's deaths).

im in the minority on this forum but i liked the ending it fitted with previous series, my only grumble is its left open for s11!

for me 8/10 for the series,

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-10-2011, 03:41 PM
I can't gather my thoughts decisively on the season as a whole yet, it's too fresh/raw, so forgive me.

Right now I can say that there have been some fabulous moments in it and indisputably superb performances by PF, NW and SRB. Some great one liners. Not to mention some beautiful shooting and symbology. The music/score was also really well done. From the actors point of view, I can see how they think it's been the best so far, particularly NW - she came of age.

Despite a promising start, I never really warmed to Erin but Callum was a better device - not a patch on past techies, but had some good lines. (Actually, if you've read any of Sam Vincent's tweets, I'm guessing he's modelled the character on himself.) Silba

At times the series did lack strong threats of the week, in fact the weakest of all the seasons. Plus they fed us too much key information about the arc too early on, lessening the big reveal at the end. Having said that, at times I was truly riveted. Overall it opened well, faltered a bit in ep3 & 4, picked up in 5 & 6 until the last 10 mins. I did like the wall of rememberence but I can't yet reconcile the route they chose to end the entire show. This is the last one!!

Today I've been very critical because I am insanely disappointed with the ending for many reasons and not just because
Series 10 Spoiler: show
of the H&R thing and Ruth's death which still seems pointless except to shock us.
. Too many lost opportunities for a more advanced plot. I disliked how they made Harry so dense at times in the last ep (he wasn't on the ball in that bunker now was he? And come on, the Harry we know would've jumped in front of her.)

(24-10-2011 01:53 PM)Kazters Wrote:  my only grumble is its left open for s11!

And this is the problem I'm having with how it panned out. It wasn't a definitive ending as promised IMO. It was an ending that has been done before - to end a season NOT a 10 year series.
shock death of an officer, someone Harry cares for, he carries on in misery, at great personal cost like the trooper he is. Like he did in S6, 7 8 and 9.

The door is too wide open for another series, what's to stop it picking up as it did in other seasons? And this is especially true for the school of thought that Harry carrying on despite it all is 'true spooks'. But perhaps that was their real intention....

I may feel differently over time, but for now - these are my (disappointed) ramblings.
24-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Personally I enjoyed it a lot, more and more with each passing episode. A good recovery from the disappointing end to S9. I was worried about the introduction of 2 new characters when we only had 6 episodes to get used to them, but it worked well. Calum was irritating in the extreme for the first couple of eps, but his reaction to
the deaths of 2 of his colleagues (Tariq and Ruth) was an effective means of showing his sensitive side and making him seem a more rounded character and a nicer guy. I particularly liked the fact that it was Calum who saw the need for he, Dimitri and Elen to leave Harry alone with Ruth near the end of 10.6
24-10-2011, 07:51 PM
I thought MB was the weakest actor this series. LP was better, although her character shrunk as the serise devoloped. Together, Dimitri and Erin were the weakest team we had ever seen, even than the team on series 9. Callum was funny, as he had no ep. of his own, I don't know anything about him and therefor didn't care much for him.

Best series as far as NW's and PF' s was concerned. They are to date the best actors on British T.V.

I liked the arc story, and the last chapter was suspensefull and twisting like in old times.

All in all, one of my favourite series.
24-10-2011, 10:04 PM
As a new member here, having been shadowing these forums for a while, I think S10 goes in my top half of series ranking. It was far better than the travesty of S9. I enjoyed the performances of Jonathan Hyde, Alice Krige, Lara Pulver and Simon Russell Beale and of course PF&NW. All round good cast, good plot with twists and suspense as well that was consistent throughout.
25-10-2011, 02:06 AM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2011 02:07 AM by JHyde.)
I really dug season 10 and, like a lot of you, thought it a vast improvement on season 9. For me it is in the middle couple of seasons.

It reminded me an awful lot of seasons 1 and 5 and that isn't bad at all.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature