Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Spooks]: The Best Moments
03-11-2011, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 04:36 PM by Silktie.)
[Spooks]: The Best Moments
One of the extras on the DVD will be the cast and crew voting for the ten best Spooks moments. I thought it would be interesting to see whether the fans would pick the same moments as the cast and crew. So what, in your view, was the best moments over the ten years of Spooks?

Try and provide the episode it's from, like so:

1.2: Helen gets dunked in a deep fat fryer.

You can list as many or as few as you want, and can also motivate your choices if you wish. But let's refrain from criticising others' choices - that's not the aim of this thread.

So let's hear them!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 05:26 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [Spooks]: The Best Moments
The first one that pops into my mind is Danny in 3.10. So heroic, so tragic, so...Danny.

"F*ck you, you death-worshiping fascist!"

It was the first time (of several) that Spooks broke my heart and one of the best speeches ever written on Spooks (Thank you Ben Richards)

Another is Malcolm showing up at the safe house where Nico is being held in 8.1. "My name is Malcolm Wynn-Jones. I am an officer of her Majesty's security service with a great deal of knowledge about how things work at Thames House. I am unarmed. My superiors do not know I am here. I have come to offer myself for the boy." (Quoting from memory there. It might be slightly off.) I was so afraid for Malcolm in that moment. I wasn't at all sure he was going to make it out alive. Although, it was the moment where I realized that he had developed about as far as he could go.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
03-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Harry at the dogs with Adam and Wes
03-11-2011, 06:12 PM
5.5 Harry and Mace having lunch and discussing torture and so Harry could join the inner circle. Just brilliant.

I'll let some one else do the obvious 5.5 scene. LOL

9.1 Harry killing Blake. This was my first introduction to Spooks. I was channel surfing and this completely gobsmacked me. Amazing. Harry's pained expression - almost tears but such determination. I was hooked.

[Image: regnumdefende3.jpg]
Thanks to TygerBright for the wonderful sig.
03-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool idea. Difficult to choose though...

1) 6.10. Sitting round the meeting room table towards the end, Harry admits he does not know what to do. Save Jo or the school children...

2) 6.9 Davey King has the team under sniper fire as they hunker down behind the taxi. I love the way Malcolm, Connie, Harry and Adam are all out in the field together.

3) 4.1/4.2 Harry lectures Tash about "what the State has done for her" and she comes right back at him. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
03-11-2011, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 11:05 PM by pennyfeather.)
I think its episode 2 or 3 of season 2. Ruth is new and everyone is discussing the breach of security on M15 computers (its the episode where it's that 12 year old boy who hacked in and his symbol is the spider) Throughout that scene there are some hilarious lines of sexual innuendo. Ruth says something like:
'what do you mean its nothing; he just said we've been raped!'
Harry: 'No, I said penetrated not raped'
And later when she walks out all annoyed and stressed Harry does these fake telling off gestures to the team ('Okay tell me when she's gone') because he thinks she might be a spy for GCHQ.
Its very charlie chaplinesque and I love it.
One of the few light and comical moments of Spooks. Big Grin

It was the wind Ruth...
04-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Another favorite moment I watched just last night with Mr AC (first time for him!) was 7.7 when Harry is waiting for CO19 to come and get him. Smashing through the windows is completely gratitous, but totally cool!

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
04-11-2011, 06:18 AM
2.10: Tom shoots Harry and swims out into the North Sea. Shocking, emotionally powerful, and beautifully filmed sequence.

3.3: Adam traipses all over London trying to shake the surveillance before meeting with a secret asset. Tradecraft at its best.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-11-2011, 09:10 AM
This little exchange is so funny - its my fav funny moment in Spooks. I think its season 3 - don't remember which episode - humble apologies

Harry - Colin, tell me something uplifting
Colin - Well, August is set to be the driest month on record
Harry - Would you like to be taken out and shot?

[Image: regnumdefende3.jpg]
Thanks to TygerBright for the wonderful sig.
04-11-2011, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 10:19 AM by JHyde.)
1.4 - Harry telling Tessa 'Career, career....' - still hilarious.

4.9 - Harry and Juliet - 'What? Juliet.' - also still hilarious.

7.1 - Harry telling but not telling Wes about his father's death. Lucas and Malcolm seeing each other for the first time in 8 years.

4.10 - Harry telling Ruth he is a limited man and she is a born spook. That whole episode is full of great moments.

7.7 - Harry standing up as the HS enters. Harry, at his worst, is still the man of integrity.

5.9 - Ros and her ex's wife saving the war criminal. God that ex is such a drip, didn't deserve either woman, I think.

5.8 - Harry telling the Archbishop about what scares him.

6.10 - Jo's impassioned monologue about the plight of women captives and war victims everywhere. One of her best moments.

5.3 - Zaf and Ros' scene in the housing agency's back room. One of my all time faves.

5.5 - Mace and Harry in the club. Again, an all time fave scene for the show, even though it is broken up by other scenes.

6.1/2 - Connie's fantastic write in. Just terrific stuff.

8.1 - Harry kicking the laptop. Ruth saying her life was simple. Ruth after George is shot. Ros getting blood all over her face (as per my avatar). Still breaks my heart, an amazing episode.

These are off the top of my head. Lots of good ones mentioned already.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature