Poll: Is Malcolm one of the best characters on Spooks?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] Malcolm
16-09-2009, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2010 02:04 PM by JHyde.)
Malcolm [spoilers] Malcolm
Because Malcolm needs a discussion to himself Wink Seriously, Malcolm is a legend on Spooks. He's a technical genius and gets some pretty good lines. Anyone have any favourite quotes about Malcolm/other things about Malcolm?

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-09-2009, 05:27 PM
RE: Malcolm
I loved it in Series 7 when he did some insider trading and made a lot of money... he felt so guilty.. I was like "YOU DESERVE IT"

As for quotes:

"Oh, please. Feel free to select anything from this list which resembles a brown caffeinated liquid in cup, with a dash of semi skimmed milk and half a teaspoon of sugar."

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-09-2009, 05:38 PM
(16-09-2009 05:27 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I loved it in Series 7 when he did some insider trading and made a lot of money... he felt so guilty.. I was like "YOU DESERVE IT"

As for quotes:

"Oh, please. Feel free to select anything from this list which resembles a brown caffeinated liquid in cup, with a dash of semi skimmed milk and half a teaspoon of sugar."

Aww, I forgot about that! And Malcolm does deserve it! All the hard work he puts in, and he's such a cool person Cool

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
17-09-2009, 02:31 AM
He may deserve it, but it's the type of thing he would agonize over.

Plus, does he need the money? He's a millionaire. I mean he must work for the challenge.

Has his wealth actually been mentioned on the show? I can't remember.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
17-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Malcolm has been fabulous throughout all the series - I'll always remember the heart-rending scene with Adam when he learned of Colin's death - "Smile".
I believe Adam could have smiled at Fiona's killers, but it broke Malcolm's heart to even think of smiling at Colin's murderers.
17-09-2009, 01:41 PM
(17-09-2009 02:31 AM)bertowud Wrote:  He may deserve it, but it's the type of thing he would agonize over.

Plus, does he need the money? He's a millionaire. I mean he must work for the challenge.

Has his wealth actually been mentioned on the show? I can't remember.

It was never mentioned on the show, but if I remember rightly.. he lost all his savings at the start of the same episode of the insider trading??

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
17-09-2009, 03:52 PM
(17-09-2009 08:55 AM)penfold Wrote:  Malcolm has been fabulous throughout all the series - I'll always remember the heart-rending scene with Adam when he learned of Colin's death - "Smile".
I believe Adam could have smiled at Fiona's killers, but it broke Malcolm's heart to even think of smiling at Colin's murderers.

I know! That was definitely one of Malcolm's best moments. Sad

Quote:It was never mentioned on the show, but if I remember rightly.. he lost all his savings at the start of the same episode of the insider trading??

It says in the Spooks personnel files that he "Made himself very rich" in the private sector, although whether he lost it all I don't know.

17-09-2009, 08:49 PM
In 7:5 he made a lot of money though through insider trading. There was that brief but brilliant scene with Ros in the corridor, where he said he had made a lot of money from their operation and he must give it back. Ros answered, "don't you think you deserve it, and I hate reports." Well something like that. Big Grin

Malcolm rocks, after Jo, he's the best. He was very sweet when he went round to see Jo at home in 6:10, after she had heard about Zaf.
18-09-2009, 02:44 AM
(17-09-2009 01:41 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  It was never mentioned on the show, but if I remember rightly.. he lost all his savings at the start of the same episode of the insider trading??

Ah!

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
18-09-2009, 05:20 AM
Malcolm is definitely one of the best characters on the show. Other moments where I loved him that hasn't been mentioned yet:

- In the EERIE epi when he says he saw Harry go to the loo, the way he says it just cracks me up. Also, his face at the end of that episode when the lights come back on is priceless.
- In the season 2 epi where Danny goes undercover in the bank, and Malcolm pieces together the money transfer from the shredding material and Harry calls him their Leonardo da Vinci, I love the way he looks suddenly all proud and bashful when he says "Why thank you, Harry."
- I also loved him throughout the season 6 epi where he thought he had inhaled some poisonous gas and was dying, and suddenly became all Action!Man!, lol!

There's loads more, but I'll stop for now...

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]