Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] Episode 8
01-10-2009, 10:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2009 03:44 PM by Nitrus.)
[SPOILERS] Episode 8
I have just watched this episode on DVD for the first time and I cant quite make up my mind as to whether it was good or bad. I think it was good because it got Adam, Ros, and Harry together, out of the Grid. But the way Harry reacted when Ros was being injected didnt quite make sense as he wanted to kill her at the start of the episode! Maybe it was because she came back for him I dont know? Surely Yalta would have killed Harry as well? I know about Juliet and Harry's past but why leave him alive to tell the tale? I loved Malcolm in this episode though. Just wondered if anyone else liked this episode as I have not really seen it discussed much?Shy

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
RE: Episode 8
Ros's changing sides was quite confusing, but I think that that was the worst thing. I think Harry reacted that way because I don't think he hated her, but he could understand why she had done everything and I suppose because she came back to try and rescue him would also have had impact. I also think it's because Harry disapproves of all murder, so would have tried to reason with Juliet. I did like it though Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
01-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Just thought that the scene in the church was a bit de trop
02-10-2009, 05:26 AM
I thought it was very good. My favourite scene in the episode is where Adam and Harry confront Ros when she comes back to the Grid. Just fantastic acting from all three actors in that scene. Loved the interaction between Ros and Harry where he circles her in such a quietly menacing way, and this exchange:
Ros: "May I sit down?"
Harry: "You may not. Please continue."
Awesome!

And yes, I couldn't believe Harry forgave Ros so quickly for her betrayal. Maybe he thought Juliet's betrayal was an even bigger one, and that he could forgive Ros since she came back for him. If it were me though, I wouldn't have shed a tear for Ros. Harry is clearly a better person than I am!

Also, I thought it was unrealistic that Ros actually survived the whole thing, and maybe the dramatic effect would have been even bigger if Adam couldn't wake her up at the end.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
02-10-2009, 02:02 PM
Yes I agree the Harry and Ros thing was a bit odd. I have just rewatched eppisode 5.05 and what Ros did to Harry.
Spoiler: show
How she got him back for her father by snitching on Ruth to Mace. She helped kill off his true love
and he seemed to have just forgiven her and in 6.8 cry because she "died." He didnt know the injection had been switched at the time. Harry has killed men in cold blood for less than Ros did to him and Ruth.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
24-10-2009, 09:29 PM
RE: [SPOILERS] Episode 8
After watching box set five I couldn,t wait to watch series six brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Epi eight is my all time favourite.

[Image: consequences.png]
"Where,s Adam he,s just poped out for a packet of biscuits and some milk"
24-10-2009, 09:49 PM
I loved the way they filmed adam throwing the chair across the table.. that remains one of my favorite TV scenes..

I also love how Harry reacts to Ros when she confronts them on the grid.. he goes from pleasant to scary very quickly... he scared me! Big Grin

I agree with Silktie.. it would have been a fantastic ending for Adam to not be able to wake Ros up... but then again, if that had happened then that would be too much for Adam's mind.. it would have become unrealistic for him to continuing work afterwards.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-10-2009, 06:26 PM
(24-10-2009 09:49 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I loved the way they filmed adam throwing the chair across the table.. that remains one of my favorite TV scenes..

Yeah! I loved it too, too much tension inside that room... it was brilliant!

I think it's the first time Harry get out of the Grid

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
17-11-2009, 03:47 AM
I loved the exchange when Adam decides not to kill Ros and takes the injection away from her. She says "@sshole" and he says "you're usually not so grateful" if I remember correctly.

How did Juliet get out of her wheelchair?

The scene of Ros walking away from her own funeral was pretty cool.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
17-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Juliet recovered at some point off screen, obviously unknown to the Spooks team.

That shot was pretty cool Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.