Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fiona gone, Jo arrives
04-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Fiona gone, Jo arrives
So this is the series that Fiona gets murdered by her ex-husband. Which was awful... suprised Adam found it in him to continue. lol.

But we had the arrival of Jo Portman, who I must say was an excellent addition to the team, don't you agree?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2009, 06:08 PM
RE: Fiona gone, Jo arrives
Jo has been an excellent addition to me. I still miss Fiona, though. She was great too.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
04-08-2009, 06:10 PM
(04-08-2009 06:08 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Jo has been an excellent addition to me. I still miss Fiona, though. She was great too.

Jo is a fantastic character.. much better than Fiona I think... Fiona always seemed more of a politician than a spook.. lol.

05-08-2009, 12:48 PM
You're right. I think a lot of it is Jo has a lot more personality than Fiona did. The only time Fiona really displayed much emotion were when her and Adam were discussing whether one or both of them should give up the Spook life and spend more time with their son.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
05-08-2009, 03:18 PM
(05-08-2009 12:48 PM)bertowud Wrote:  You're right. I think a lot of it is Jo has a lot more personality than Fiona did. The only time Fiona really displayed much emotion were when her and Adam were discussing whether one or both of them should give up the Spook life and spend more time with their son.

Even then she didn't seem to have that much personality...

07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I really wasn't that upset when Fiona died, I like Jo a lot and think she was a great addition to the team. The only thing I was upset about was the state of Adam afterwards Confused
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2009, 05:15 PM
(07-08-2009 05:10 PM)Tranquility Wrote:  I really wasn't that upset when Fiona died, I like Jo a lot and think she was a great addition to the team. The only thing I was upset about was the state of Adam afterwards Confused

Yeh... it wasn't nice seeing him crumble like that. Fantastic acting though!

04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
(04-08-2009 06:10 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Jo is a fantastic character.. much better than Fiona I think... Fiona always seemed more of a politician than a spook.. lol.
Absolutely agree with this. I don't know if it was the writing but Fiona frequently came across as rather smug. Didn't like that at all.

Jo 10, Fiona nil! Wink
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
I wasn't much of a fan of Jo's arrival but she grew on me in Series 5 and now I think she's fantastic.

I felt like Fiona wasn't that much of a big loss. Her death episode was really good though.
05-09-2009, 12:34 PM
I thought the way in which Jo became a Spook to be a bit far-fetched but I suppose all of Spooks is pretend. However the episode (4:5) was brilliant, especially the way Ruth handled that spring roll with her chopsticks! Big Grin