Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mistakes?
23-10-2009, 05:08 PM
zzVideo Mistakes?
Do you think the producers/writers made any mistakes with this series which they rectified in series 2?

It was a new show so things like cinematography and format might have changed...mistakes can be made..

What do you think?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2009, 11:07 PM
RE: Mistakes?
Noone has opinions? Really?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
31-10-2009, 11:46 AM
They made mistakes after S4...
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2009, 02:00 PM
(31-10-2009 11:46 AM)RoninExec Wrote:  They made mistakes after S4...

LOL!

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
31-10-2009, 02:06 PM
I think that they didn't give Harry a big enough role in series 1, but they certainly increased it in series 2.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
31-10-2009, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2009 06:16 PM by RoninExec.)
I don't think any character had a prominent role anyway back in S1 or S2.
"The Team", section D, was the subject. The story was the center piece.

Then From S5 on, they started to build stories around the most public-receptive characters, such as Adam or Ros...
31-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but Harry had nothing to say! He said almost as little as Malcolm - actually, Malcolm's been developed as well. It always seemed, to me, to be the Tom Quinn show with Danny and Zoe as supporting actors, and the rest of the team were almost like extras to me. It did seem like that a bit as well with Adam, but I think that's just a way that the show is shown. The focus is on the field operatives, because that's the interesting bit, but specifically on the senior operative (Tom/Adam.) I don't think that the same thing happens as much with Ros - I think it is much more evenly distributed between the three of them, and of course, Harry gets his turn bossing all the politicians around.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
31-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I'll go with that idea about the section being the focus, the story. The other driving force behind series one was, of course, Tom and Ellie, the main point of which set up one of the ongoing issues in the show: how do you maintain a semblance of normality in your life and relationships when your job is about misuse and distrust?

Spoiler: show
Personally, I think this was done much more successfully in season one than in season 2.
16-11-2009, 07:07 AM
I don't know if they necessarily fixed any "problems" transitioning from Series 1 to 2. I think they just took everything that worked, and then bettered it. Series 2 is such a dramatic leap forward when compared to Series 1. Everything from Tom's arc with Christine, to the diversity of the plots, more tension, more suspense. It was a big difference.

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!
16-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Agree.