Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
How are you going to watch Spooks this Wednesday 4th?
02-11-2009, 09:42 AM
How are you going to watch Spooks this Wednesday 4th?
This is just meant as a bit of fun, but what are your plans for watching Spooks this Wednesday?

I have filled my day with a golf lesson in the morning and lunch in London with a friend to make the day go quick. Then about 6pm I will start to chew my hands off with nerves. At 8.50pm my husband will get his instructions about how to act over the next hour, re: making silly comments, breathing etc. Then I will open a bottle of white Moscato to drink and grab a spare fleece to put over my face or bite, if the tension becomes too much. By 10pm I anticipate being in a state of near collapse ! Cant wait.

And you?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2009, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 10:03 AM by JHyde.)
RE: How are you going to watch Spooks this Wednesday 4th?
What a great thread! It will be Thursday morning here so provided I can find it on the net of course, I shall switch my phone off (for a start). Unfortunately it is too early to justify white burgundy or single malt so I may just listen to Mozart's Requiem to put me in the mood.

(Weird side point: I sing at weddings, and had the very odd request of singing Requiem at a wedding recently. Very bizarre.)
02-11-2009, 10:39 AM
(02-11-2009 10:02 AM)JHyde Wrote:  What a great thread! It will be Thursday morning here so provided I can find it on the net of course, I shall switch my phone off (for a start). Unfortunately it is too early to justify white burgundy or single malt so I may just listen to Mozart's Requiem to put me in the mood.

(Weird side point: I sing at weddings, and had the very odd request of singing Requiem at a wedding recently. Very bizarre.)

Ha ha, "single malt" made me laugh. If its too early for alcohol you could try bread rolls or chocolate buttons.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
02-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I have no doubt that Harry Pearce, KBE, only drinks single malt. Especially when facing imminent death.
02-11-2009, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 12:27 PM by Beatriz.)
As JHyde I'll have to wait until Thursday to watch our favourite series...

I'll watch it at night, so every hour of that day I'll be very nervous knowing that all/most of you have watched and not me Confused
I hope a kind soul makes the subtitles (I need them, I understand most of it but I hate missing a word, no matter whether is important or not), to be honest, if at 9 pm there are no subtitles (either English or Spanish) I'll watch it anyway and rewatched some days later with subtitles Wink

I think I'll make popcorn and I'll have a lollypop so when I finish it I can chew the stick on tension moments Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2009 02:37 PM by Lucasfan.)
I will sit here Thursday morning having breakfast out on the deck wondering why I ever emigrated........[Image: thinking-023.gif]

then I'll have a swim in my pool under my palm trees in the sunshine and I'll feel slightly better.....[Image: swimming.gif]

but when I find it on YT!...woo hoo! [Image: lovepc.gif]

[Image: spooks901mini.jpg]
02-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Great thread..

Wednesday I will be doing uni work during the day and then settling down at 8.55pm to watch every tiny little bit of the first episode.

THEN, most importantly.. I will come on here and discuss every little bit of it at length! lol.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2009, 04:48 PM
I forgot to add that I fully intend to then rewatch the episode every day until another is available.

And yes, Nitrus, I think they'll be a few of us doing that. Maybe we can beat that record for the highest number of users online at the forum at any one time.
02-11-2009, 04:50 PM
(02-11-2009 04:48 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Maybe we can beat that record for the highest number of users online at the forum at any one time.

I would hope so!!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2009, 04:55 PM
By 8.55 Weds I'll have a large glass of red, and a cushion to hide behind in case it gets too tense.[I'll be recording it so can watch the tense bits [ie all of it] again later].

Thinking of having a big flag in the garden that says 'Yellow Fever - keep away' to stop a couple of friends popping in like they did for S7 Ep8 - 'just to watch it with me, so I could explain what was happening' . Like I was actually able to string two coherent words together!

NOOO! Go Away!