Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Collectormania - London
08-11-2009, 04:52 PM
Collectormania - London
I know we have discussed this before on this forum but I am afraid i cant find the thread so I have started a new one. Apologies for that. There is more info on the Collectormania website now and it looks like Peter Firth will be there on the Saturday 28th November only. He is doing a talk from 12.00 to 12.45pm. Tickets for the talk itself are free but they look to be on a first come first served basis.

I for one feel uncomfortable at paying £15 for an autograph and £15 for a photo, not because I am tight, but I just dont feel its right somehow, but going to the talk is something else altogether.

Is anyone else from this forum going to go? Perhaps if we all wore a red flower and carried a copy of the Times newspaper under our left arm we could meet up....one to ponder

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2009, 04:55 PM
RE: Collectormania - London
I'm going to try and go but I have the usual issue of having to persuade my parents to let me go. Where do you get the tickets from?

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
08-11-2009, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 05:08 PM by Tea Lady.)
The website is a bit difficult to understand. The tickets for the talks you get at the talk area inside. The website says the place opens at 9am for gold ticket holders and early bird ticket holders. Its open to the rest of the public from 11am. I would imagine that you would need to be in before 11am to guarantee a ticket for Peter though. How you get a gold ticket or early bird ticket, I have not managed to work out yet. If someone can make more sense of the website, please let me know.

08-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Ok, I think I've got it:

If you get an early bird ticket or a gold ticket then you can go in early and get tickets. Everyone else who doesn't go in early will only be allowed to go in and buy tickets at 11. I think that there will still be tickets at 11, just if you aren't at the front of the queue...

You get the tickets in their store:

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_S...onEARLYsat

Ok, now to persuade my parents!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
08-11-2009, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2009 05:18 PM by Beatriz.)
aaawww I would love to go!!! Too far away for me Sad Please take photos and upload them!!! I'm dying with envy Wink

Good luck almh!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
09-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Just found out I can't come - I've got a course that Saturday (the two Saturdays I'm away this month are the Saturdays when Doctor Who is on, and when Peter Firth is doing a talk. Mah. Someone doesn't like me. Angry)

09-11-2009, 06:27 PM
That sucks. What is the lovely Firth meant to talk about? He has 45 minutes, that's a long time. He's not giving a dissertation on the security services is he? Or does he just talk about acting? Or is it a Q and A? You can tell I've never been to anything like this.
10-11-2009, 10:20 AM
Not sure what PF is talking about. The website address though is http://www.collectormania.com/london

26-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Who's going in the end? You lucky *envious look* Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
03-12-2009, 06:40 AM
Did anyone go???