Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Episode 3 Discussion
13-11-2009, 10:12 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2009 09:13 PM by Nitrus.)
Episode 3 Discussion
I have just watched it on BBC three and am still in shock haha!
Anybody else watched it and agree with me?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2009, 10:14 PM
RE: Epsiode 3 = Best episode of all time!!
(13-11-2009 10:12 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  I have just watched it on BBC three and am still in shock haha!
Anybody else watched it and agree with me?

Absolutely. I just can't believe it.
Find all posts by this user
13-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Had me on the edge of my seat right up till the end!! Can't wait for next week! Big Grin
14-11-2009, 01:23 AM
If this is where we are posting about episode 3 then my answer is NO. It may be 1.15am and I have had quite a bit to drink followed by episode 3, but I really didnt like it and it pains me to say that. The camera work was again very annoying and there were too many close up shots. Why do we need this?
Spoiler: show
Also there was so much time spent on the terrorists that I forgot about the rest of the cast and also that awful kissing scene between the terrorists that went on for ages. It was great to see Ruth back but where is the rest of the team? The Grid is missing people like the old days. I want to see Ruth and Harry together but not camera angles which are up their noses. Why didnt the Home Sec show any balls to the Americans and why did Harry not comfort Ruth at the end?
It didnt add up.

I am hoping that with a clear head in the morning that when I watch it again I will not think it so bad. Again I hate saying that.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
14-11-2009, 05:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2009 05:34 AM by JHyde.)
I don't think it really kicked into gear until the 30min mark.

Have to go sing at a wedding, where I will probably bore my accompanist silly with talk of Spooks.

Loved the decision to let Ruth out and keep the camera on Harry listening to her right at the end of the episode. You can afford to do that when you have Peter Firth in your herd.

Mixed feelings. I'll come back in a few days and really just, GO NUTS.

almh, we miss you xyz

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
14-11-2009, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2009 05:54 AM by lwhite53.)
I'm with Tea Lady--not happy with this ep. Too many plots and sub-plots (hostage taking of the billionaire's club, Harry and Ruth, Lucas and another Russian -- in a Speedo, yuck). One hour was not enough time to develop all the different threads; felt very let down by the writers.

Some nice R/H moments:
-H and R patter at the beginning -- "You, come with me." Such a gentleman, lol.
-H: It was either that or a basket of muffins.
-H: I'm going to need you today, Ruth. R: Damn well hope so.
-H: Glad to have you back. R: Glad to be back. Great acting from PF -- just a suble little hopeful smile.

The nod from Jo to Ros, giving Ros permission to kill her, was very well acted and directed. Poignant moment.
Spoiler: show
I have a feeling this will undo Ros.

Absolutely hated the end -- Ruth outside the office crying, Harry watching/listening and not going to her. For me, that undid the whole opening between them. Someone should smack him across the head with a 2x4!

And why is the Grid so empty? -- it looks like they're having a going-out-of-business sale.

This episode left me very unsettled.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
14-11-2009, 07:59 AM
I have to agree with Tea Lady - perhaps I need to rewatch with a clear head but I thought it was far too all over the shop. The bit I did like was how dismissive Lucas was when Sarah phoned him! Ep 3 was a big letdown for everyone waiting for "The Claridges Scene"

[Image: kirmosig.png]
14-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Episode 3 - wow - I do not know what else to say about it.
14-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Link to download anyone? (I'm just trying to get to 10 posts so I can answer my PMs.) But really, is it online yet?

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
14-11-2009, 06:28 PM
AS IN ACCORDANCE WITH OUR NEW RULE, THE ONLY DOWNLOAD/STREAM LINKS ALLOWED ARE YOUTUBE LINKS. ALL OTHER LINKS WILL BE REMOVED AND THE MEMBER WARNED.

As for the episode:

I knew Jo was going, but I could never have guessed it would happen like it did.. surely Section D needs some new Spooks? Only two field officers left?

Really liked the ending, the metaphor behind the scene with Ruth and Harry separated by a wall.. fantastic..

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user