Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If this is the last Series how will it end?
16-11-2009, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2009 12:50 PM by nothingisasitseems.)
If this is the last Series how will it end?
Having now seen 3 episodes of Series 8 it is now seeming to me that this has the feel and hallmarks of a final Season.

It is as if the BBC has decided to quit while they are ahead and are plotting the scripts accordingly.

In that case we will at least get an "ending" but what will it be?

My guess is that it will be quite straightforward but sensationally mindblowing - all the agents in the field will be killed together (I wouldn't have a clue how) when a dangerous mission goes belly up.

Harry will be so distraught that he will decide he can no longer continue and will retire with Ruth into the sunset.

Spoiler: show
Of course, I've already been wrong. I thought Jo and Tariq would have a fling.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2009, 04:10 PM
RE: If this is the last Series how will it end?
NOTE: THIS THREAD WILL BE A MIX OF SPECULATION AND ACTUAL SPOILERS, SPOILERS WILL REQUIRE SPOILER TAGS. SPECULATION WILL NOT REQUIRE SPOILER TAGS.

I think it might be the end of Spooks, or a re-invention, but either way Spooks will not end until Harry dies.. it started with him, and it will end with him. If the writers do not end with the death of Harry then I will be so angry!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2009, 04:55 PM
If Harry goes, Ruth has to go with him. Would be waaaaay to sad otherwise. Actually, it would be horrific that way, too, but at least they'd have been together.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
16-11-2009, 04:56 PM
(16-11-2009 04:55 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  If Harry goes, Ruth has to go with him. Would be waaaaay to sad otherwise. Actually, it would be horrific that way, too, but at least they'd have been together.

I think it would be more poignant if one of them died.. trying to get to the other or something.. or Harry sacrifices himself to save Ruth..

The idea of them dying together... happy.. is just NOT Spooks.. lol..

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Geez, poor Ruth -- lost George and Nico and then to lose Harry? The spin off program would be, Spooks, The Aftermath, shot in an insane asylum and starring NW.

And I don't necessarily see them as "happy" (they might'ave gotten one together scene by then) just dispatched at the same time.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
16-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Nitrus and Bertowud, you bad, bad men. I also don't long for a typical happy ending but I do want to see Harry leave the Grid as a crisis starts, leaving someone else in charge. I think this would be a suitable ending, with an element of realism. And of course, I'd like Ruth to go too. They could take their Grand Tour.

Truthfully though, I don't think Harry could cope without his work. It's so much a part of his identity.

Of course, we're forgetting the obvious here. A cliffhanger for season 8, followed by a Christmas special in 2010!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
16-11-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't want to watch Harry death!! noooooo!! Poor Ruth, it would be too much for her!! SadSadSadSadSad
(16-11-2009 05:02 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  Geez, poor Ruth -- lost George and Nico and then to lose Harry? The spin off program would be, Spooks, The Aftermath, shot in an insane asylum and starring NW.

LOL actually if Harry dies that would be where she would go!

(16-11-2009 05:40 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Nitrus and Bertowud, you bad, bad men. I also don't long for a typical happy ending but I do want to see Harry leave the Grid as a crisis starts, leaving someone else in charge. I think this would be a suitable ending, with an element of realism. And of course, I'd like Ruth to go too. They could take their Grand Tour.

The beginning of The Grand Tour would be a great ending!!

Congratulations for being a Moderator JHyde!! (BTW)

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
16-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Oooh, you're a moderator JHyde? Did not notice that Wink Well done!

To be brutally honest, I think that if one of them is going to die (out of Ruth and Harry,) it will be Ruth. I can't see Ruth surviving whilst Harry doesn't - although perhaps they'll both die/leave together. But it has to be together - they cannot have put us through all this torture otherwise!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
16-11-2009, 07:03 PM
I said last week that I feel Spooks is drawing to a close. I hate being right and whenever someone agrees with me I feel I must be wrong...
16-11-2009, 07:06 PM
We'll soon find out! Confused

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.