Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
[spoilers] Episode 8 Summary
23-11-2009, 04:29 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2009 04:29 PM by LucasNorth#1.)
[spoilers] Episode 8 Summary
Spooks Ep 8/8
Wednesday 23 December
BBC ONE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

The situation between India and Pakistan reaches crisis point when an Indian submarine ends up in Pakistani hands, as the spy drama concludes. The Indian Government has set a seven-day deadline before it retaliates and so the pressure is on to avert the first nuclear confrontation since the Second World War.

The British and Americans have to work quickly to organise a peace summit in London in a desperate bid to resolve the crisis. Section D is tasked with looking after security but, unbeknown to Harry and his team, Russell Price, the CIA agent in charge of American security, is part of secret power group Nightingale.

While Harry and Ros try to keep the peace talks on track, Lucas receives a surprise visit from rogue CIA agent Sarah Caulfield. She's been instructed to kill Lucas, but her emotions get the better of her and she warns him to leave the country to guarantee his safety.

Meanwhile, Nightingale forges ahead with its plan and Price has planted a bomb in the hotel room of one of the Indian delegates in order to kill the Pakistani president and further provoke the war.

Tensions mount as Ros and Lucas discover the bomb – they need to get the Pakistani president out alive if there is to be any hope of resolving the imminent conflict. An ambush by Price leaves Ros and Lucas in mortal danger and Harry fearing for the lives of his top spooks.

Harry is played by Peter Firth, Russell Price by Mark Aiken, Ros by Hermione Norris, Lucas by Richard Armitage and Sarah Caulfield by Genevieve O'Reilly.

SOURCE: http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/proginf...one_spooks

Spoiler: show
Sounds just like Spooks at its absolute best. What I'm hearing about this one is that it's bye-bye Ros and Lucas survives Undecided

"They're awfully tenacious, bless them. I think they want to give me a polonium suppository."

- Ros, 7.1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2009, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2009 05:45 PM by Asjenw.)
RE: [spoilers] Episode 8 Summary
(23-11-2009 04:29 PM)LucasNorth#1 Wrote:  
Sounds just like Spooks at its absolute best. What I'm hearing about this one is that it's bye-bye Ros and Lucas survives Undecided
Could that be the end of Spooks then? I don't see new names here, and with only Lucas left as a field agent, there are only 2 (EDIT:4, also Ruth and Tariq) spooks left!

But four spooks is still not much.. How are they going to survive with only one field agent?
EDIT2: Oh, thanks LucasNorth#1 for this post of course Big Grin
23-11-2009, 05:16 PM
What a great set-up. I love it. I know I say that a lot, but India v Pakistan is something I've been waiting for Spooks to go into for 8 years.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
23-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Thanks for posting this!

I was led to believe that Harry & Lucas would be caught up with the explosion. Looks like this is how Ros dies then.. cliffhanger death. Increasing my fears of the end of Spooks! Unless they bring in new people for 9? Sad

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2009, 06:43 PM
I can honestly see them going with Harry, Lucas as Section Chief, Ruth, Tariq and I'd say two newbies for a Series 9. Unless someone else comes back to surprise us!

"They're awfully tenacious, bless them. I think they want to give me a polonium suppository."

- Ros, 7.1
26-11-2009, 01:51 AM
(23-11-2009 04:29 PM)LucasNorth#1 Wrote:  Spooks Ep 8/8
Wednesday 23 December
BBC ONE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/spooks

The British and Americans have to work quickly to organise a peace summit in London in a desperate bid to resolve the crisis. Section D is tasked with looking after security but, unbeknown to Harry and his team, Russell Price, the CIA agent in charge of American security, is part of secret power group Nightingale.

This bit sounds similar to the Shining Dawn ep (4.1) when one of the Americans brought in to help capture the bombers was actually a part of the terrorist group.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
04-12-2009, 11:28 AM
Grrrrrr I've stupidly changed my shift at work to a 4pm - 10pm on 18th Dec so I won't see it til I get home what was I thinking???? And I'm up early on the Saturday to go to a wedding!!!! I need to sort out my priorities Spooks first, everything else - whenever!

[Image: kirmosig.png]
04-12-2009, 11:33 AM
You'll just not be sleeping much. Watch it when you get home from work. As long as iPlayer doesn't break down, as it seems to a great deal lately.....

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature