Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Episode 5 Discussion
28-11-2009, 02:31 AM
Episode 5 Discussion
I can't believe I'm logging on at 0224 to comment on Ep 5 and no one has started a thread yet.
Great episode, really good.
Did anyone else feel the scene with Ros and Coleville in the basement was a bit like Silence of the Lambs?
And that's almost my favourite bit of gadgetry yet - the bluetooth chip thingy Coleville inserted in the folder of his "memoirs" he gave Ros - how clever is that???
Lucas, Lucas Lucas - get out of there now while you can, can't believe he now knows she's not to be trusted yet he still "did it" with her, he can't be that desperate surely. Or was he too scared of her to confront her yet?
Spoiler: show
Ep 7 and 8 are going to explode for these 2, can't wait to see what happens]

[Image: kirmosig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-11-2009, 02:44 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion
An Ok ep but where are our terrific H & R scenes
28-11-2009, 04:53 AM
zzShocked RE: Episode 5 Discussion
It was a nail-biter for me! I thought Ruth might be a goner! Then there would just be Lucas saving the world, or at least Britain.

Yeah, I guess Lucas slept with Sarah so she won't suspect anything. Or maybe he just wanted a little sumthin' sumthin'. Wink I hope she couldn't hear him when Lucas was talking about her on the phone. They looked awfully close together, but maybe that was just for the scene so we could see she was in a state of undress so we aren't left wondering. Blush Did Lucas move from the last episode? The outside of his apartment building looked like a dump, but the inside was improved. Maybe his new girlfriend helped him decorate a bit?

The episode was well-played out but the story left me a bit cold. Some retired agent was out to get revenge for a long-ago love? Huh? I guess they gave enough hints that he was crazy, but that was a strange premise for killing off agents.

[Image: glove_love_skinny.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2009, 05:21 AM
(28-11-2009 04:53 AM)bccmee Wrote:  It was a nail-biter for me! I thought Ruth might be a goner!

Why???
28-11-2009, 05:36 AM
(28-11-2009 05:21 AM)Fidget Wrote:  
(28-11-2009 04:53 AM)bccmee Wrote:  It was a nail-biter for me! I thought Ruth might be a goner!

Why???
Because that guy held a gun to her head.

28-11-2009, 05:43 AM
Do you mean Ros????
28-11-2009, 06:10 AM
I thought the episode was fantastic. It moved so fast, there wasn't even time to make predictions. Everything was very well done. The tech stuff was really fun. Coleman doing something on his own was not really a let down since the other plots were advanced, especially the Sarah plot. Does sex really turn guy's brains to much like that?

And about Ros,
Spoiler: show
whew!

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
28-11-2009, 07:43 AM (This post was last modified: 28-11-2009 07:47 AM by lwhite53.)
Classic mis-direction episode -- not too sure I appreciated that!Sad

That said, it was extremely well paced. Definitely a great ep for Ros, and HN was outstanding in it. So was Stephen Boxer as Coleville. I guess last ep was for Lucas, this ep for Ros, maybe next will be for Harry and Ruth, as that sub-plot faded into the background this week.Undecided

I liked that Harry was very protective of Ros throughout -- he may be softening up a little!Tongue And that Christine 2.0 has been exposed; loved Lucas as the "honey trap" at the end.

Had real issues with the camera work again. Hurky-jerky movements and extreme close ups (I really don't need to be able to count the pores on the faces) made me want to hurl a few times.

Didn't recognize the voice on the phone to Sarah, so I still don't have any idea who Mr. Big in Basel is.

All in all, good ep in and of itself, but I don't really see how it fits into the arc of the season.

Also, since there are only 3 eps left, don't think we're gonna' get any new agents this season --not sure how to read that??

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
28-11-2009, 07:58 AM
(28-11-2009 05:43 AM)Fidget Wrote:  Do you mean Ros????

Oh oops! Big Grin Yes I meant Ros!!

28-11-2009, 08:17 AM
When Sarah shows up at Lucas' flat in the early morning and he asks if she wants "breakfast" and she replies she's not hungry the look of rejection on his face is such a shame. Yet he still comes back for more, what's going on with these guys. I don't think you H and R fans are going to see a scene with them this Series unless - is it just me or did Harry look a bit bronze in one scene - perhaps he's tanning up for his R scene. And it's funny Genevieve O'Reilly did a far better English accent as the fake MI5 officer than she does as the psycho Boston/Texan CIA rogue agent.

[Image: kirmosig.png]