Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MyBB Updated / Downtime
01-12-2009, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 07:08 PM by Nitrus.)
zzExclamation MyBB Updated / Downtime
Yesterday MyBB (the software which we run) released a new version to fix many bugs. I updated the software yesterday afternoon, because this is a heavily customised forum, there were issues.

During the update process we lost all database data for the awards system and for the pages (episodes, scripts etc). This forced me to close the board so if I needed to restore the database from a backup, no posts would be lost. At this same time, the sever software for controlling the database went wrong too, so I couldn't login and fix the issues.

Luckily, I know what i'm doing when it comes to databases so I was able to restore data for awards and pages without a problem.

Everything should now be back to normal, but just in case it's not please report any issues, bugs or errors in this thread so I can fix them asap. If you think you are missing awards, post here aswell.

Also, if you have any questions about what happened, please post them here also.

Thanks for your patience!

- Nitrus

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2009, 07:45 PM
RE: MyBB Updated / Downtime
Thanks for your efforts, Nitrus!

I really missed the forum Tongue

BTW, I think two awards are missing in my profile... just joking!! Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2009, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 08:04 PM by almh.)
Nice try Beatriz!

Just a comment - I was having a quick flick through the character pages (I'm going to start Tariq soon,) and Ruth's one appears to have some letters in the wrong place in the career part of it. Not entirely sure if that was a fault that was there before, or one caused by the downtime. So has Danny's - they both have random "rn"s in the career part.

Also, on my profile it says "Awards:1 [Details]" but shows all of my awards when I click on the details part, so just a irregularity between the number stated and the number I have.

Finally (sorry, just nitpicking, this could have been here before,) but it has Referrals twice on everyone's profile page:

"Referrals (0) None
Awards: 1 [Details]
Referrals: 0 [Details]"

Is it meant to be there twice?

That appears to be the only problem as far as I can see. Wow, that post got long - sorry Nitrus!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
02-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Yeh the rn's are a result of me having to manually extract data from the database and put it back. The data is stored differently in the database then when it is displayed, so some random characters might appear here and there.

I will sort them out when I get a minute.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Cooool, ok.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your hard work Nitrus. I tried to get on about 10 times yesterday to see if the 24 hours were up yet. Several times I thought, "it's the middle of the night in England, he must be sleeping."

I knew everyone else was in the same anxious state that I was. That was some sort of comfort. Anxiety loves company.

Now, life can go on. Waiting for Friday.

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
02-12-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Nitrus, for all your work. It's truly appreciated!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
02-12-2009, 10:15 PM
It is good to have the forum back, I missed it
02-12-2009, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 11:18 PM by lwhite53.)
I think we all missed Spooks Forum, as evidenced by the new record: 73 users at 5:09pm. Congrats everyone!!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
03-12-2009, 01:32 AM
Exactly. Thanks Nitrus - I too missed the forum very much xyz

New record! Does that assauge the pain a little?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature