Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turning events
02-12-2009, 08:18 PM
Turning events
Here I am, I'm not very good at writing and even less in English, but as I have Spooks forum withdrawal symptoms...

Please, let me know if there are mistakes. (I thought giving it to my English teacher to correct it, but I don't think it is a good idea)

It is set after episode 8.1.

Turning events

It had been an endless night, she could barely sleep.
Her life had changed so much over those last few days. Alone again, one of the most recurring fears she had had in her entire life.

To clear her head, she decided to go for a walk a long the river Thames. She used to, when she needed to think.
It was cloudy but some sun’s rays could avoid the clouds, warming the freezing morning.
Hard times. In a few days she had lost the life she had carefully built from scratch. And now, what? She felt lost and unprotected. Her life had been simple and elegant for once. Now, those years seemed a dream in her head, like they had never happened, like the events only happened in her imagination. Utter confusion.

She paused and leaned on the balustrade. The breeze stroke her hair as tears streamed down her face. She inhaled deeply, “Calm down, Ruth”, she said to herself.
The Thames looked so beautiful in the first morning sunlight. She had really missed it.

She shivered as one red boat passed by. Instinctively, she looked at her watch. Eight o’clock... At that very same time 3 years ago, she had been there, standing by the river, waiting for a similar boat, waiting to leave her own life back, waiting to start a new life anywhere. She was scared then and she was scared now.

She thought of Harry... She thought of George... Her eyes filled with tears again, her heart aching...

The sun went into hiding behind the clouds. It was cold.

“Do you love him?” Harry’s words echoed in her head. How dare he?
She used to believe that she had loved George..., but back in the day she saw Harry again, for the first time in years, her heart had skipped a beat; she couldn’t deny that. Utter confusion.

She hated Harry for what had happened, blamed him for the recent events that changed her life entirely, once again. Deeply in side, she knew it wasn’t fair... though, she couldn’t help hating him for now.

A friendly voice made her come back to reality. She turned round. “Hi, Malcolm” replied smiling bitterly. She had really missed him.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2009, 06:29 AM
RE: Turning events
Wow, a really good story! Especially well done because English isn't your first language! Nice to see someone else join the fanfiction section!

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
03-12-2009, 06:48 AM
This is terrific, Beatriz. Thanks so much!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
03-12-2009, 08:48 AM
Thank you for your reviews!! Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
03-12-2009, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2009 12:33 PM by JHyde.)
It's wonderful. Honestly, the issues are very minor in terms of the language Beatriz.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
03-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks JHyde!!

(I'll try now!)

Pactum serva
03-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Beatriz, this is fantastic writing. You really put your heart into it. Brilliant!! Thank you I loved it.
03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Wonderful writing, you really captured the scene and feelings excellently.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Thank you very much, indeed, I appreciate your comments a lot! Smile

Pactum serva
04-12-2009, 10:51 PM
If you like the fanfic, why not give Beatriz a +rep?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user