Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 9
15-12-2009, 06:01 PM
[spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 9
A week later...

He sat by her, too afraid to touch her, afraid that she might break. The scarring on her head, whilst still healing, was starting to fade slightly. To an inattentive observer she was just sleeping. To those who knew, she was in a coma, her mind still healing.

"Hi Ruth... It's Harry," he quietly said. "I bet you're probably sick of listening to me talking to you now but..." He looked to the wall. "Why did you have to get yourself hurt Ruth?" He turned back to Ruth, his normally still hands shaking and restless.

"It's not been the same without you and Ros. It's so quiet... I told you that Ros told us to look after you. It seems you two are finally friends... were. Ruth, please wake up. I need you." He allowed one of his hands to gently touch hers, as she had once done to his hand. "You always tell me when I'm making the wrong decision, when I'm being irrational." He stared at her face, trying to judge if she could hear him. Her face stayed as it had for the last week, emotionless. The tubes coming into and out of her terrified him too. It meant she was seriously ill, that he was highly likely to lose her again. Something he could never cope with.

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself. "We always knew you weren't a mole Ruth, we really did. The original file you had, the one saying Mace and -" he paused, not knowing what to call him "- well, it got destroyed. Mace survived his wound, unfortunately. But he got sentenced for... for hurting you, and for killing his driver. Did you know it was him that gave you the information? You probably did, knowing you. You always know everything." He smiled slightly. "You always know the answer."

"Sarah," he continued, "Well, she was fine as well. She gave us all the information she had on Nightingale, and now she's free. Probably being hunted down by the Americans as we speak. And... and Daniel killed himself. I'm so sorry that Mace managed to find you, I should have done something more to make sure that you were safe. I let you down, and because I let you down, you got hurt and I'm so sorry for that. I've never wanted you to get hurt... I love you Ruth." He paused, the tears now freely rolling down his face as he held her hand tighter.

[End episode.]

---

The end! Wow, it's been over a week (and has completely mucked up my SFAY schedule Angry) but this has been one of the most enjoyable stories to write, and I want to say thanks to everyone who has reviewed + repped me - Yes, I only recently noticed that you did and THANK YOU!!! I'm glad you liked it. For all interested some HR fluff will be uploaded soon Smile To make up for this story Wink And anyone who is interested in writing some of Ruth's Diary, please see the thread in the character area! (That last sentence was sort of related...)

One last thing - an explanation. I got this rather strange idea (well, it's strange for me, being an avid HR shipper!) from Nitrus, who said that maybe it was better that they didn't get together, so I took it on as a challenge (without Nitrus knowing!) so thanks to Nitrus for giving me the idea. Not that you knew, but hey, you can be thanked anyway Wink

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2009, 06:24 PM
RE: [spoilers] 8.8 - Chapter 9
Awwww -- poor Harry!! The guy can't catch a break. And Mace is still alive?!? Damn!!

Congrats, almh. Great story. And, as Ruth is not dead yet, Harry may get a happy ending after all!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
15-12-2009, 06:25 PM
That's what I was hoping for - that there would still be a chance for HR to have a relationship (I'm a soppy teenage shipper at heart in their case Wink) Glad you enjoyed it.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
15-12-2009, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 15-12-2009 06:31 PM by Tea Lady.)
I cant believe there wasnt a happy ending.....sniff....poor Harry. That bloke needs a break. Well done Almh. It was great.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-12-2009, 06:38 PM
Great ending!! I know she'll survive, as it's an open ending... Smile

Poor Ros Sad Poor Harry, but he'd be happier when Ruth awakes Wink

Thanks for this story!! It's one of your best, IMO. Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
15-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Errr, my previous post disappeared?? It said it was being moderated. I didnt say anything bad, honest Guv???? It was really good Almh. Well done. Wish Harry would have some luck though. Big Grin

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-12-2009, 06:50 PM
(15-12-2009 06:45 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Errr, my previous post disappeared?? It said it was being moderated. I didnt say anything bad, honest Guv????
The same happened to me yesterday...Undecided (sorry for the off-topic)

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
15-12-2009, 06:57 PM
New Threads & Edited Posts are moderated in the Fan Fiction forum.

This is to ensure that Fan Fic meets our standards before being posted, and also to ensure that subsequent edits also meet the standards.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to JUST moderate edits to the first post, so all edited posts are moderated.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Really great, almh - congrats!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
16-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Excellent story, almh ! Almost a happy ending !

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright