Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Closure
28-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Closure
Closure

[Exterior shot of Thames House - 48 hours after “Searching for Sarah” was set]

Harry, Ros, Ruth and Tariq are on the Grid. No one has heard from Lucas since he killed Sarah. Harry paces back and forth with his hand on his chin. They’d tried all London Hotels; Lucas’ bank account was under surveillance as was his brother in Leicester. No one had even realised he had family until that point.
Ros suddenly thought of something “Tariq - try William Blake – do a hotel search using the name William Blake!” Tariq nodded and began typing quickly.
Finally after a few minutes “OK, there are 4 William Blakes registered in London hotels at the moment. Let me look at the CCTV”
Harry, Ruth and Ros gathered closer around the monitor as Tariq ran the application.
“Bingo – Lucas checked into the London Regent 2 days ago”
“Bring him in please Ros” Harry asked. Ros nodded.

[Opening credits]

[Thames House - Interior]

Harry and Ruth are watching CCTV footage from a prison. Connie just sits staring coldly at nothing in particular. Her wig is absent and this makes her look reptilian.
“So how is Holloway’s newest guest settling in?” Harry asked Ruth.
“Not well - she thought by giving herself up that she could strike another deal” said Ruth
“Unfortunately we don’t deal with murderers - the Russians didn’t want her either, spoiled goods. That’s why she came back, too old to hack life on the run” Harry mused.
“Will she talk?”
“It’s too early to tell”
“I hear gin works….” said Ruth.
Harry and Ruth smiled at each other.

[Interior - London’s Regent Hotel.]

Ros walked swiftly along the corridor until she got to the room that Tariq had identified as being the one that Lucas was in. The “Do Not Disturb” sign hung there. She hesitated and raised her hand as if to knock then changed her mind and quickly unlocked the door with the pass that Tariq had prepped for her. The room was empty – and freezing cold. The windows were wide open and the curtains billowed in the wind. Ros looked out of each window in turn, fearing the worst but finding nothing.
She opened the bathroom door to find Lucas fully clothed lying in the bath, full of water. His eyes opened slightly at the interruption, met hers briefly and then turned away. He looked dreadful. He hadn’t shaved, and if he had eaten then it was now all down the front of his jacket. A bottle of vodka bobbed about in the bath too. His eyes were red, and highlighted by his unkempt black hair his skin was deathly pale, Ros instinctively put her hand over her nose as she felt her stomach heave. Lucas had clearly been in the bath for a while.
Ros took out her phone and pressed the speed dial
“Tariq? I’m going to need a hand please”
“He’s in a total state, really drunk” she continued, “I think even Gazza would have had trouble keeping up!”

Between them they managed to drain the bath and lift Lucas out and lay him down on the bathroom floor. He drifted in and out of consciousness; tears rolled from his eyes. Ros and Tariq undressed him, disposed of his soiled clothing before refilling the bath with hot water. Ros emptied everything soap related that she could find into the bath. They then carefully lowered him in, and began to wash him.
“I need a drink” Lucas croaked, he then coughed violently.
“Trust me Lucas you need a bath first” Ros responded.
“Sorry” he said, to no one in particular. He turned his head away from them and his eyes closed again..

Eventually they managed to get him into the hotel issue towelling robe, resting on the bed. Still he barely spoke, or moved. Ros and Tariq ordered Room Service and Lucas promptly vomited all over the bed.
“At least get some black coffee down you and try not to throw up on me this time - do you know how much my jacket cost?” Tariq grinned before realising that Ros was deadly serious. He looked at Lucas with some concern.

“Sorry” Lucas said again.
“Just sober up!” Ros snapped. “It’s like looking after a giant baby!”

[24 hours later: Thames House]

Harry’s briefed Lucas on the previous 36 hours. Sarah’s family had already flown her body back to the States.
“How are you feeling Lucas?” Harry asked
“I’m fine Harry” Lucas ran his hand through his hair. Harry looked unbelieving “Really - I’m fine” Lucas reiterated.
“So I trust that normal service will resume?” Harry then asked.

Lucas nodded.

“Any special plans for lunch? Ruth and I are going for Tapas” Harry looked at his watch.

“No thanks I don’t want to be in the way.” Lucas grinned, Harry nodded appreciatively. Lucas lowered his eyes and tilted his head to the side “Anyway, I’ve made other plans” he said. Harry raised his eyes questioningly.

Lucas smiled, picked up his jacket and headed outside. A woman was waiting for him.

“Elizaveta” Lucas leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek.

The End

[Image: kirmosig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2009, 03:26 PM
RE: Closure
Great stuff! Another cracking read.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-12-2009, 03:34 PM
This was amazing!!! Poor Lucas :'( But at least a happy ending with Elizaveta Big Grin ... And Harry and Ruth... Wink
28-12-2009, 03:47 PM
sorry if it's overly Lucasy but he's my favourite (as if that wasn't obvious already.....)

[Image: kirmosig.png]
28-12-2009, 03:49 PM
Haha you say that as if being over Lucasy were a bad thing Wink
28-12-2009, 04:07 PM
That was great!! Smile HR having tapas... I like the idea Big Grin

Elizaveta came back! Love it!!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
28-12-2009, 04:09 PM
(28-12-2009 03:49 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Haha you say that as if being over Lucasy were a bad thing Wink

ROFL - you sure you got the right preposition?? Big Grin
sorry... back to my gutter Wink

Anyroad - thank you Kirmo-you're -a-STAR for the long awaited sequel (I needed closure too Wink) - cracking read,
Quote:“I think even Gazza would have had trouble keeping up!”
had me in stitches... would pay to see that scene on telly Smile

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
30-12-2009, 07:59 PM
I so thought when they found Lucas in the bath that he was dead too....and then I remembered who was writing this. Did you just want to picture Lucas with stubble?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Bravo! H and R for tapas . . . awwww! And Elizaveta -- good luck Lucas, it's about time you had some.

Thanks, Kirmostar.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
30-12-2009, 09:28 PM
Yay! HR and Lucas with Elizaveta Smile Thank you for writing this Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.