Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why only 8 episodes?
28-12-2009, 05:34 PM
zzQuestion Why only 8 episodes?
I don't know where to put this thread because obviously it applies to series 7 as well..

I was wondering if anyone knew why the series has now been shortened from 10 to 8 episodes? Is it a scheduling thing or the writers or something?

It annoys me cos I want as much Spooks as is possible haha Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-12-2009, 05:45 PM
RE: Why only 8 episodes?
I pondered this very question on another topic but yes, why only 8? Has some dodgy focus group done some research and decided 8 is the perfect number? Budget constraints? Modern attention spans?
Find all posts by this user
28-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Officially Kudos and the BBC have both mentioned budget cuts. Who knows, if they move production to Birmingham, we might go back to 10!!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
28-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Oooh I hope so Big Grin I feel that extra to hours we are missing out are vital to my future happiness Big Grin

Why on earth would they cut the budget of one of their most successful programs?!

And also whats annoying is that the DVD box sets are the same price regardless of how many episodes Angry
28-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Cheers Nitrus, you bringer of hope, you....Cool
28-12-2009, 06:56 PM
They should return to 10 episodes, in 8 episodes they don't have time to a proper character development, at least in series 8 with its storyline!!

But please, if they move to Birmingham, there are some of us who need LONDON LOCATIONS!!! Big Grin

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
28-12-2009, 08:52 PM
KEEP LONDON!!! I was watching 1.1 and there are quite a few locations to find in it but it says LIVERPOOL at the bottom. It might be a red herring, but still, I like location spotting for London but if I have to do another city Angry

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
29-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Well won't they do the exterior shots in London still anyway ... so you can still 'locate' those ones Tongue Smile
29-12-2009, 02:31 AM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2009 02:32 AM by JHyde.)
They also seem to shooting faster and faster every year. This season I think it was to the detriment of the show, not helped by the fact that one director shot four episodes out of the eight. And it seems the actors got a bit shirty about the crazy schedule this year too - it was all over the shop. Hopefully, that will be rectified.

Season 2 was too long at ten episodes, I remember thinking. Where as with season 7 I really would have liked another two episodes. This season I think was right at 8 episodes.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
29-12-2009, 01:19 PM
I don't agree with the last part... If we had had another episode in series 8, things wouldn't have been so rushed and we would have had more time for characters interaction; the same action but more personal life.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva