Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Christine Dale
04-01-2010, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2010 12:10 PM by JHyde.)
Christine Dale
The only thing that could be described as attractive about the CIA was (is) Christine Dale. The way she dealt with Tom's deranged A&E Doctor was great.
Spoiler: show
I can't imagine Sarah Caufiled coming anywhere near Christine.

John

Actually mate, I'm an officer who didn't get suckered by an American con artist.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
RE: Christine Dale
I disagree. I found her accent just as trying as
Sarah Caulfield's, and hers was authentic.
And I couldn't abide the character.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
04-01-2010, 01:57 PM
I also loved what she did to the Doctor.. and I never twigged that she wasn't american.. her accent sounded ok to me..

P.S loving that after only 8 posts you are correctly using spoiler tags... bravo.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2010, 02:02 PM
P.S loving that after only 8 posts you are correctly using spoiler tags... bravo

Sorry Nitrus. I can't claim credit for that.
I did not realise that I should use "spoiler" in that connection.
Acknowledgements to J Hyde for that.

John

Actually mate, I'm an officer who didn't get suckered by an American con artist.
04-01-2010, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2010 04:52 PM by JHyde.)
Sorry, no, I didn't like her at all. It was mostly down to the fact that I thought the performance was poor from the actress. Plus, anyone who's had anything to do with the security services knows that it is probably the biggest no-no there is to date someone from another service, and I just cannot get past that.
Same with Sarah Caulfield and Lucas.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Haha this may not surprise people Blush but I liked this storyline too. I think the story of two spies from different countries having a relationship is a really strong one. Its like you never know who is telling the truth or using the other. I know its unrealistic but maybe the forbidden sense of it adds to the intrigue. I like complicated relationships Tongue I also liked how it was linked to the 'special relationship' haha that made me laugh Big Grin
I daresay I will come back with more to add when we have reached season 2 on the rewatch Yahoo
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
(04-01-2010 04:42 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Sorry, no, I didn't like her at all. It was mostly down to the fact that I thought the performance was poor from the actress. Plus, anyone who's had anything to do with the security services knows that it is probably the biggest no-no there is to date someone from another service, and I just cannot get past that.

I think it's ok for the writers to take a little license with the "unrealistic" relationships; it's tv after all. That being said, now that we've had two such relationships with, both times, the female half being BADLY acted, I think we have to look at the writing as the source of the problem. What I'm saying is that neither of these characters was terribly well written (they're really just there as love interests and plot twists) so the actresses had nothing solid to work with, hence couldn't put together a believable performance.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
04-01-2010, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2010 09:18 PM by JHyde.)
(04-01-2010 08:02 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  
(04-01-2010 04:42 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Sorry, no, I didn't like her at all. It was mostly down to the fact that I thought the performance was poor from the actress. Plus, anyone who's had anything to do with the security services knows that it is probably the biggest no-no there is to date someone from another service, and I just cannot get past that.

I think it's ok for the writers to take a little license with the "unrealistic" relationships; it's tv after all. That being said, now that we've had two such relationships with, both times, the female half being BADLY acted, I think we have to look at the writing as the source of the problem. What I'm saying is that neither of these characters was terribly well written (they're really just there as love interests and plot twists) so the actresses had nothing solid to work with, hence couldn't put together a believable performance.

Dale was a little better portrayed
than Caulfield.
I always distrust characters so that didn't bother me about them, or that they might have been bad guys. A good actress could have made the characters more believable. They just weren't there.

Silktie, I love your new avatar!

Rooftop scene:
Beth and Dmitri sneak up and disarm Lucas, cuff him and lead him away.
Lucas screams, "No Harry please, I'd rather die!"

Harry: "We're sending you to rehab ................. in Texas."
Yahoo
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Just a general point - when comparing Christine Dale to other storylines or characters in future seasons of the show, please use spoiler tags.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
04-01-2010, 09:22 PM
(04-01-2010 09:07 PM)femaleBertieWooster Wrote:  Dale was a little better portrayed
than Caulfield.
I always distrust characters so that didn't bother me about them, or that they might have been bad guys. A good actress could have made the characters more believable. They just weren't there.

Good writing can always help mediocre acting, but the best acting the world cannot make bad writing better.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."