Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Diet tips?
25-01-2010, 07:44 PM
zzBug Diet tips?
I'm trying to shift a few pounds at the moment, and so far it's going good. But pretty soon I'm going to be having mad cravings for bad food, anyone got any tips of keeping the cravings at bay?

Or diet tips in general?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2010, 07:57 PM
RE: Diet tips?
When I gave up chocolate for Lent last year, I always found that I could dispel cravings if I chewed on ice. Gives you something else to do instead of thinking about what you're trying to avoid Smile
25-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Drink lots of water. Supposedly that feeling we think is hunger is frequently thirst.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
25-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Oh yes I've heard that one too Smile
25-01-2010, 11:22 PM
chew gum or brush your teeth because then even if you get a craving to eat something it tastes horible! Tongue

ros
Death by mascara. It was horrible to watch. Ruth's agonizing over the fact that there are no more horses in modern-day warfare and Adam's on a course learning how to lift his knuckles off the ground. So, you'll have to make do with me, I'm afraid.
Find all posts by this user
25-01-2010, 11:35 PM
Just eat paper for a week, it works great.

OK, I'll be serious. I honestly find that exercising is the key, not only because it makes you feel awesome but then because you're less inclined to blow your hard work.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
25-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Oh definitely I much prefer exercise haha the thought of life without chocolate!! Thud I am afraid I am one of those gym freaks that doesn't really have a life hahaha

ros
Death by mascara. It was horrible to watch. Ruth's agonizing over the fact that there are no more horses in modern-day warfare and Adam's on a course learning how to lift his knuckles off the ground. So, you'll have to make do with me, I'm afraid.
26-01-2010, 08:31 AM
You can eat apples if you like them, the type of fibre will make you feel your stomach is full, and drink water of course.

And definitely exercise is great it makes you lose more weight and it makes you feel better, as JHyde said, serotonin is responsible for that.

How many times a day do you eat? You can eat more often and less quatity, that helps too. For example 5 meals a day, 3 main ones and 2 small ones.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
26-01-2010, 02:04 PM
5 cups of green tea a day + 26 miles cycling per day = I can eat what I like, when I like Smile
26-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Or amputation???? Liposuction???? Silba

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool