Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Fan Fiction Competition!
06-04-2010, 02:11 PM
zzStar Fan Fiction Competition!
Spooks Forum Fan Fiction Competition

Rules
1. All entries must begin with the starting paragraph, see below.
2. There is a 750 word limit excluding the starting paragraph.
3. There's a limit of 1 entry per person.
4. Your entry must be submitted as a single thread in the FanFic section.
5. The thread title for your entry must following the following format: "[ENTRY] Entry Title"
6. Your entry must contain dialogue between at least two characters.
7. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden and will be monitored by Staff.
8. Collaboration is not allowed, entries must be an individual effort.
9. You cannot submit previous work from the SF Fanfic section or from fanfiction.net.
10. The time period for your entry MUST be pre-Series 1.
11. Staff cannot enter.
12. Entries will be judged by SF Staff. Judges' decision is final.
13. The winning entry will be chosen based on a number of factors, including enjoyment, suspense and how engaging the entry is.
14. You must have at least 50 posts in order to enter the competition.
15. Once an entry is approved, it cannot be changed or replaced.

When you submit your entry it will be approved/disapproved by a Staff member, please keep a copy of your fanfic on your computer because disapproved entries are deleted. If your entry is found to be breaking a serious rule (such as plagiarism) your entry will be disqualified and you will not be allowed to submit another entry.

If your entry is the winner and is later found to have broken the rules BEFORE the prize has been shipped, you will be disqualified and the prize will be shipped to the second entry and you will be banned from SF for 3 months. If your entry is the winner and is later found to have broken the rules AFTER the prize has been shipped, you will be permanently banned from SF.

Legalities
We have a lot of international members on SF and unfortunately I will not be able to ship the prize to any country in the world. So I am restricting entries to the following countries:

US
UK
EU (European Union)
AUS

If you live outside of the UK you may have to pay customs charges, this is your responsibility and your responsibility alone. I will pay for postage of the prize to the above countries, however I will not be responsible for any additional charges brought against you. I am also not responsible for the safety of the prize while it is in transit. I will retain a receipt of postage for the prize and will not be responsible if the prize is not delivered. If the prize is not delivered I will attempt to help you gain compensation from the relevant authority but I will not ship the prize again.

Prize

1st Place - Spooks: Behind the Scenes Book (Hardcover) + Competition Winner Award

Deadline

The deadline for entries is as follows:

27th April 2010 23:00 GMT

Any entries submitted after this time will not be included in the competition. After the deadline SF Staff will decide on a winner and announce the winning entry in due course.

Starting Paragraph

Running through the bustling London market, he pushes past early morning shoppers. Merchants' shouts reverberate around the square, their offers ringing in his ears as he runs faster. The Russians are closing in; he sprints for all he is worth, knowing the commotion behind him is doubling as his Russian pursuers push the same path through the crowd. He runs down an alley and hides in an alcove, pulling his phone from his pocket. Young, healthy lungs are racked as he tries to draw breath and wipes the blood from the mobile's screen. He dials.

"Tom? It's Lucas, get me out of here NOW!".

Please reply to this thread with any questions you have, and good luck to everyone!!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 02:26 PM
RE: Fan Fiction Competition!
Ooh, this looks fun Big Grin

Just one question:
Where you've said '5. The thread title for your entry must following the following format: "[ENTRY] Entry Title"' could you give an example? Because I really don't understand what you mean Sad

Thanks!

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
06-04-2010, 02:35 PM
An example of the name of the thread would be: [ENTRY] Tom and Lucas in trouble. "Tom and Lucas in trouble" being the title of your fanfic.

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Righty-ho! Big Grin Thanks Beatriz!

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
07-04-2010, 02:31 AM
Ooo, this shall be fun!

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
07-04-2010, 07:28 PM
oh ja, totally thrilling opener.
and since I couldn' write my way out of a wet paper bag, I look forward to reading the entries Big Grin

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
08-04-2010, 09:00 AM
:cool:Me too Tyger, in the same boat re the writing, the best that I have come up with so far is,

Running through the bustling London market, he pushes past early morning shoppers. Merchants' shouts reverberate around the square, their offers ringing in his ears as he runs faster. The Russians are closing in; he sprints for all he is worth, knowing the commotion behind him is doubling as his Russian pursuers push the same path through the crowd. He runs down an alley and hides in an alcove, pulling his phone from his pocket. Young, healthy lungs are racked as he tries to draw breath and wipes the blood from the mobile's screen. He dials.

"Tom? It's Lucas, get me out of here NOW!".

To which Tom replies, ' HA, I told you not to sleep with my sister'. CoolSilba

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
08-04-2010, 11:40 AM
You know, I might well have enjoyed that very much, i luv lucas!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks JHYDE, it is probably the best that I will come up with...

Lucas North: Your situation is more precarious than you realize, Connie, so stop pressing buttons and give us something.
Connie James: Threats don't work with a person who has nothing to lose.
Lucas North: Oh, you're too ingenious to think that I'm threatening you. I'm offering you a simple choice: help us or don't. I'll leave you to compute the implication.Cool
09-04-2010, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2010 12:11 PM by fanofChristine.)
Are we allowed to join even if we're not in an eligible country?(just the fanfic award...the book to the entry that's viable)

"I think the suffering of strangers can also move us"
-Adam Carter