Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two questions about 4.1 and 4.2
07-04-2010, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 08:57 AM by Crisitos.)
Two questions about 4.1 and 4.2
Well actually the questions are really stupid Tongue Sorry.

I remember that in “I spy apocalypse” Tom and Zoey have an argument about the guns, that they are not allow to used guns unless they are high level agents. But in the episode you see Adam and Zaf chasing the American agent with guns, and I don’t know if I’m wrong but I though that Tom was higher level agent than Adam. So why they have guns, and with Tom and Zoey it's seems like something huge for them?

And the other question, in any of the books they mentioned about Zoey and Tom been informed them about Danny’s dead?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2010, 10:01 PM
RE: Two questions about 4.1 and 4.2
Once Tom left, Adam took over his job, so technically they were at exactly the same level. I don't know why it's suddenly not such a big deal to be using guns - my only explanations are that maybe it's a desperate situation, or that The Powers That Be seem to have over-looked that little detail, and decided to go against their earlier episodes a bit.

I don't believe that either of them have been informed (but I only have The Personnel Files, so I can't be sure)

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2010, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 13-04-2010 12:41 AM by Crisitos.)
Yeah, for me it was weird and I assumed it was a mistake but I wanna be sure Tongue and you are the experts. Thank you! Big Grin
18-04-2010, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2010 05:12 AM by JHyde.)
I don't think Tom was ever informed as the attitude is (at least at this point in the series) that Tom never had contact again with anyone he worked with. I always wonder if he looked at a paper during the whole Agent X shebang and wondered if it was someone he knew.

As to Danny, Tom might have known if he read obituaries in the paper, as surely his death was announced (albeit with a fake job, if one was mentioned at all).

As to the guns question. There was a real shift in the show with regards to firearms between seasons 3 and 4 as well as in the missions officers were sent out on. To be fair, pulling a gun on your colleague (I Spy Apocalypse) is very different from pulling one on someone whom you are trying to bring in (4.1/2). But I know from a commentary on a later episode of the show that some officers do bear arms now in their work and others don't. Not to mention that the world in Section D is certainly a much more dangerous place and involved in missions where firearms are more justifiably used than Tom's seasons.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
18-04-2010, 07:47 PM
JHyde's point regarding a shift in the show is right on the money. I think there was a noticeable turn towards a more action oriented bent for the show, Series 5 being the point where that shift started to happen.

Series 8 Spoiler: show
For example, you would've never seen a scene in Series 1 like the one where Ros walks in and kills a guy with a handgun nonchalantly.

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!
18-04-2010, 07:54 PM
I think I also remember reading somewhere on the forum that Kudos was sold either between s3 and s4 or s4 and s5 (can't remember the exact year). The new owners may have had something to do with the shift relating to guns becoming so prominent.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
18-04-2010, 08:18 PM
Kudos was bought by the Shine Group in 2007. So between S5 and S6.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2010, 08:39 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2010 08:39 PM by JHyde.)
So THAT explains why I didn't like Season 6......

I think it was also a case of running out of stories where they only sent someone in undercover or met an asset. It's so much more exciting and makes for better promos when you have a countdown that always seems to be stopped with two seconds to spare.

Also, Wollstonecraft's last episode was, I think, 3.5 (I'm playing from memory here. Will check im-whatever later). That would also account for a change in tone.

20-04-2010, 07:02 AM
(18-04-2010 08:39 PM)JHyde Wrote:  Also, Wollstonecraft's last episode was, I think, 3.5 (I'm playing from memory here. Will check im-whatever later). That would also account for a change in tone.

This is correct. I find it interesting that Zoey and Danny left the show after that.

"I think the suffering of strangers can also move us"
-Adam Carter
20-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I think that was pre-arranged though - we don't know who left first, when what was said. In Keeley's case she was preggers, so let's not read too much into that leaving at the same time thing.