Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One of the best series?
13-08-2009, 11:42 AM
One of the best series?
Although I was upset about the death of Adam, I thought that this series was definitely on of the best. It was action packed and had me on the edge of my seat the whole was through and the twist at the end with Connie was genius. Any other thoughts?

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2009, 12:04 PM
RE: One of the best series?
Series 7 very much had the feeling of "change is here" and it felt like the storylines weren't sure of themselves lol.

BUT it had a lot of great stuff.. including Harry killing that Russian guy... something I never thought I would see.. Harry killing someone lol.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, it was excellent, although I think 5 remains my fave. I cannot get Connie's (literal) reptilian reveal out of my head. In the way I can't get Danny's murder out of my head either. (But I can't remember what series Danny died in; seems so long, long ago.) Adam's death however, did virtually nothing for me. We always knew he was a goner, it was just a matter of when. Something about the buildup to the bomb just didn't time-out right I think. Then again, everything, for me at least, associated with Adam always resulted in eventual disappointment.
13-08-2009, 12:23 PM
(13-08-2009 12:04 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  something I never thought I would see.. Harry killing someone lol.

Really? Harry's always had a ruthless streak in him.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
13-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes but we've never seen it on screen before.. I always knew he had killed people and would kill people.. but it was the first time we'd seen him do it.

If that makes sense.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
13-08-2009, 12:35 PM
It absolutely makes sense. It's like the difference in knowing your grandfather was in World War II and seeing him running around with a machine gun...maybe not exactly like that, but you know what I mean.

13-08-2009, 12:41 PM
I must say there was a bit of the "Gee-wiz, he really did it!" factor when Harry pulled out a tool and finished off that very icky Russian. It needed to be done, and Harry was the man for the job. It worked perfectly.
13-08-2009, 12:49 PM
(13-08-2009 12:06 PM)SpaceyG Wrote:  But I can't remember what series Danny died in;

It was in Season 3 Episode 10.

13-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks.
25-08-2009, 09:17 AM
Love this series...not least because we now have such a good cast of let's face it, 3 rather big names, Harry Ros and Lucas..I think they all have so much history that we are now all aware of. Series 8 will be the defining confirmation that spooks has truly become one of the best long running series on TV. Can't wait!

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."