Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Icon observation
21-04-2010, 05:59 PM
Icon observation
In my limited time on "The Grid" , I have noticed that certain characters carry more favour as icons with members than others. does this reflect their popularity? It is interesting to note that very few of the later characters are used, and how popular Ruth's icon is. Harry's I can understand as he IS the boss.

Another thing is that I visualise members by their icons, which actually enhances the Spooks experience, it is a little disconcerting though to find that Ruth is stressing about her exams Confused.

I have to confess that I quite like Adam's icon on here as the photo used doesn't look a lot like him in the series (He's found a razor for one thing) and in this picture as I have said, has more than a passing resemblance to pictures of my younger days, though I have never looked like Adam in the series.
Does the Icon trend betray future good and bad guys? or is it that you have all been on here so long that the new characters have been added after you chose the icon?
Cool

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-04-2010, 06:16 PM
RE: Icon observation
Haha I do the same lol I imagine the member to look like their icon Confused
As for my icon lol I doubt my character is very popular Tongue
21-04-2010, 06:24 PM
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm who is she, surely not that treacherous CIA woman?

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
21-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Well I try to change my avatar every week to reflect the rewatch episode for that week. I watch the DVDs on my PC so it's easy to take screen shots. I have had avatars of Harry from series 8 but like to change them. As Harry is my favourtie character, not just because he is the boss, I will always keep him. Sometimes I let Ruth in, if there is a good shot of them both, in the episode.

I don't look like Harry or Ruth for that matter. Actually Condor, there is a members picture thread where some of us have been brave enough to post our pictures. Perhaps one of you as "Adam Carter" may find its way there one day...Angel

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
21-04-2010, 06:52 PM
(21-04-2010 06:24 PM)CONDOR Wrote:  ummmmmmmmmmmmmm who is she, surely not that treacherous CIA woman?

hahaha Blush
21-04-2010, 09:26 PM
(21-04-2010 06:16 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Haha I do the same lol I imagine the member to look like their icon Confused
As for my icon lol I doubt my character is very popular Tongue

I do the same, I relate the member with the icon haha

I also do screen shoots, so you can choose you're favourite character in one of your favourite scenes Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
22-04-2010, 06:11 AM
Yes well it is all right for you youngsters who have the technical mind of Malcolm, some of us struggle to do the simple tasks.... you wait, I used to laugh at my father when he used to fumble with the video recorder, now it's my turn!

22-04-2010, 06:26 AM
(21-04-2010 05:59 PM)CONDOR Wrote:  Another thing is that I visualise members by their icons

Gosh.. by this icon logic... I AM A MAN! A pretty handsome one, though Wink

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
22-04-2010, 06:32 AM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2010 06:35 AM by CONDOR.)
Yes I thought that my theory had a flaw in itSilba So Skully which of the lovely female agents would you resemble? as Will said (episode 2 series 3) just so that I can imagine you...hahaha the lovely Sam perhaps?

22-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Oh dear oh dear I am not using a Spooks character for my avatar. I like to stand out and be different I guess!! Will I get banned? Wink