Poll: Adam or Tom?
Adam
Tom
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
[spoilers] Adam or Tom?
29-07-2009, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 31-01-2010 10:22 PM by JHyde.)
zzQuestion [spoilers] Adam or Tom?
Which do you think was the better "boss spook"? Both of them were very good and they both had breakdowns....

I think Adam was the better spook, he clearly had more experience (MI6), and I think he handled things better than Tom in a lot of cases.

What do you think?

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2009, 12:42 PM
RE: Adam or Tom?
I think Adam is much flashier. I think Tom was probably a more realistic spook. I always liked that Tom made big mistakes.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
30-07-2009, 01:04 PM
(30-07-2009 12:42 PM)bertowud Wrote:  I think Adam is much flashier. I think Tom was probably a more realistic spook. I always liked that Tom made big mistakes.

You have a point, I suppose Tom was more realistic. I liked how Adam rarely drew the line, he was prepared to do anything for this country.. even die Sad

06-08-2009, 01:34 PM
(30-07-2009 01:04 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  You have a point, I suppose Tom was more realistic. I liked how Adam rarely drew the line, he was prepared to do anything for this country.. even die Sad

One thing I liked about the early seasons of MI-5 was they seemed to focus a lot on realism and spent a lot of time on the details of prepping for the operations and planning. Harry had a lot more screen time early on and there was a lot of time spent in the Grid. I know a lot of the reasoning behind this had to be budget.

As the show has progressed, been a seeming hit and they get more money, they've spent more and more time in the field. It's not just Adam, the whole show has gotten flashier. You also have Adam, Fiona, and Zaf transferring in from MI6. Zaf had that red shiny sports car early on.

I'm not saying any of this is bad, I think Adam joining the team was the point where the show changed from one show into another.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
06-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Got to be Adam for me......I loved how he pushed the boundries, how passionate he was about the job....Im not saying Tom was'nt like that but I just 'got' Adam if you know what I mean and I suppose his dashing good looks helped to convert me!!!

[Image: mybanner4a8745373c475.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
07-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Adam was great before his wife died
07-08-2009, 07:05 PM
ohh I made it half and half Smile
voted for Adam, I did like Tom though. He was very down to earth and a good character that I liked from the very beginning but I wasn't upset to see him go, it almost felt like if he did any more I'd get bored of him. I think he went at a good time. I just found Adam more intresting, he was always a bit of a mystery to me. And hot. Tongue I was very sad to see him go.

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
08-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Adam hands down, Tom because in the end he had a heart...and realised that he wanted a life. Adam would do anything for the service, even if it meant being separated from Wes by death. Adam selfish, yes for sure. Tom, well I though the episode "I spy Apocalypse" was his finest moment. Big Grin

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
(08-08-2009 11:06 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  Adam hands down, Tom because in the end he had a heart...and realised that he wanted a life. Adam would do anything for the service, even if it meant being separated from Wes by death. Adam selfish, yes for sure. Tom, well I though the episode "I spy Apocalypse" was his finest moment. Big Grin

Yes that was a FANTASTIC episode. Adam seemed married to the job more then Tom, which affected his personal life.

15-08-2009, 06:50 AM
It's a tough one,but Adam just edges it for me.