Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Photo Challenge
10-06-2010, 02:33 PM
zzStar Photo Challenge
One of my university lecturers gave us the following photo and told us to find out the following information:

- Airport
- Flight number
- Plane make and model
- Destination
- Guy's name

I've found out everything but the guy's name. So this is the challenge, find out the guy's name and you win. Use all your Spooks skills!!

Here's the photo: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9569/wherem.jpg

Good luck!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2010, 03:41 PM
RE: Photo Challenge
Good grief Nitrus. Would having the rest of the information you found out help us in any way, identify this man? So how do you know if we have the right name then, if you don't know it yourself ? Huh

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
10-06-2010, 03:44 PM
My lecturer will tell me if it's the right name lol.

Here's the other info:

It's flight DL 5121 from Atlanta to Panama City, FL on Delta Airlines. The plane is an McDonnell Douglas MD-88. The flight was August 3rd 2009.

I should point out that all the info is completely unverified, so I have no way of knowing whether it's right. But I know that the date, departure and airline are correct.

10-06-2010, 04:21 PM
The best clue at the moment is that he is a West Point Alumn. Checking out the West Point website they have an annual March Back on Aug 8-9, 2010. As it is annual, I assume that it is happening again this year. I'm guessing that is a Sat and Sun. Betcha he's on his way home. I'll follow this lead...Vueltasss

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
10-06-2010, 04:35 PM
(10-06-2010 04:21 PM)A Cousin Wrote:  The best clue at the moment is that he is a West Point Alumn. Checking out the West Point website they have an annual March Back on Aug 8-9, 2010. As it is annual, I assume that it is happening again this year. I'm guessing that is a Sat and Sun. Betcha he's on his way home. I'll follow this lead...Vueltasss

A Cousin, if he is flying on the 3rd, wouldn't he be on his way to West Point then instead of flying South to Florida? Isn't West Point near New York? (I really could have this completely wrong...sorry)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
10-06-2010, 04:50 PM
You have a pointHuh West Point is indeed in NY state.

I saw August 9th and not the third. Bad spook, bad spook! I got excited.... It was that West Point shirt that popped out at me. If he bought his ticket online - he could be routed through Timbuktu to get from Atlanta to New York! Wink

I am also checking out the various Alumni Associations in Atlanta and Florida for events, (American) Football games (1st game was scheduled for early Sept. so maybe not), and any West Point-y events that may have happened during that period.

I could be completely off base (so to speak) but I like to work by process of elimination.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
10-06-2010, 05:34 PM
Definitely good thoughts coming here, I couldn't be 100% sure that his shirt said West Point, because the other word was obscured.

Don't forget, I'm not 100% on the destination, it might not be Florida. But he's definitely flying FROM Atlanta.

10-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Hmmmm....I shall take your warning and keep my options open.

Utilizing the info as given, the US Army Corps of Engineers is based in Atlanta. West Point is Army. If it is a West Point shirt then the ESOHCAMP Team from the USAoE was due at Tyndall AFB (in Panama City) for an inspection from 8/10-14/09 AND the AFB was working on a new International Airport to be opened early May of 2010.

A-what-the-hell-its-only-a-game-shot-in-the-dark: is it Steve Farkus?

http://www.usace.army.mil/CEPA/EngineerU...-iraq.aspx

And a game clarification request: Am I showing too many of my cards? Should we be working as a team on this or individually?

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
10-06-2010, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2010 06:25 PM by Nitrus.)
Well there will be a winner, but if you wanna work in a team, then I'll give out prizes to all who help find out who it is.

This is top work A Cousin, I'll pass it along to my lecturer along with my other evidence and see what he says. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, a classmate of mine has got the destination as Austin, TX. So looking into that might not be a bad lead. Even if it's just for elimination.

10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
Haven't. got. A. CLue. Where. To. Start!! I fail as a Spook Sad
I hope you don't get course credits for this Nitrus Wink HAHAHA only joking Tongue But if anybody fancies writing an essay on opposition on tsarist Russia I will give a prize to the best one! Big Grin Haha