Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
[spoilers] Ruth
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM
RE: [spoilers] Ruth
Sorry, being a bit thick, what was she reading on the bus?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2010, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2010 02:12 PM by almh.)
Jane Austen, I can't remember what.

**Edit - it doesn't say, you only see the top half. Would guess at Emma

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
I think it probably was. It irratates me as the cover is SO familiar but i can't name it. Sad

NW said: "I don't think Ruth would be reading Austen, or if she did she'd be swearing at it."
I love those little things that make them real. Tongue

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2010, 08:20 PM
(31-12-2009 08:34 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I found Nicola Walker's views on Ruth very funny. She once said that she thought Ruth would be fantastic company at a party, as she would undoubtedly drink too much and then flirt with all the wrong people. Suddenly I'm hoping Ruth and Harry are seeing in the new year together, and that there is lots of alcohol. Big Grin

I thought that too, it's very funny, they had to hold a party in the Grid and have some drinks, Ruth would be more uninhibited and make a move Big Grin

I can't see Ruth reading Austen...

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
02-01-2010, 08:22 PM
I can see her reading Austen. When she was a teenager. But by now she's been there, done that, and is more interested in current fiction and the odd classic she hasn't already devoured.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
02-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't know, though. I think Ruth is really a romantic at heart, and can see her reading Austen every now and then and dreaming about her and Harry in those roles. If you're looking for classic romance, then Jane's your girl.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
02-01-2010, 10:08 PM
Every now and then, sure. But I don't think she's one of those who exclusively reads the same books over and over, even classics she loves.

02-01-2010, 10:21 PM
It was 'Persuasion'
02-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Nice choice. Especially given the age difference, and the gentle courtship theme of that book.

03-01-2010, 09:45 AM
It is quite similar to their story actually... well, if we change the broken engagement to Ruth having to leave...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.