Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What music are you into?
27-03-2010, 11:15 PM
RE: What music are you into?
(27-03-2010 10:23 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Jane's Addiction wasn't too great touring in Sydney a few weeks ago. Two of the same friends went to see them as well and said the Pixies were soooooo much better. Die! Die! Die! are terrific.

Oh that's a shame JA didn't go over well. I wonder if the venue had something to do with it - they have a very distinct sound but it doesn't work in some places. Either way, the Pixies will always be better cos they're the Pixies!

Haven't heard the Foals..

I feel OLD because I can't keep up with new indie music anymore.

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2010, 08:25 PM
My favourite song at the moment is The King Blues - Save The World, Get the Girl... I literally cannot get it out of my head! It also kind of reminds me of spooks what with the dismantling a ticking timebomb with 1 second to spare at all Wink Although is it usually 2 seconds with Spooks? haha
07-04-2010, 09:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 09:02 PM by livinglovingmad.)
I'm currently listening to Shearwater's new album. I can't stop!

(27-03-2010 11:15 PM)Skully Wrote:  I feel OLD because I can't keep up with new indie music anymore.

It's harder than ever to keep up now that the internet has made it so easy for bands to get recognition.
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2010, 09:59 PM
If you like a bit o' rock, check out "Them Crooked Vultures" they are awesome.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
07-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, where to start...with the Blues, I reckon.

I love Delta Blues...really old, stripped back stuff...Robert Johnson, Bukka White...but also Howling Wolf and Mississippi Fred McDowell. New old blues...Eric Bibb (seeing him in May in London), Keb Mo'.

Love Steven Finn. He's a Mancunian living in London but is a fabulous blues/folk singer. Check him out on http://www.myspace.com/stevenfinn.

But I also like '80s music (Depeche Mode are from my home town, Basildon, Essex), Neil Diamond, Led Zeppelin and much more.

I can't stop listening to Counting Crows' "Omaha" at the moment. Really a great song to start the commute to London.

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
07-04-2010, 10:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2010 10:53 PM by livinglovingmad.)
(27-03-2010 10:58 AM)Nitrus Wrote:  Anyone listen to Foals? They are an indie band from the UK and kinda quirky. Check them out!

I'm just listening to them for the first time right now. I'm subscribed to subpop record's youtube channel and they just uploaded a Foals music video for 'Balloons'. I'm liking it so far!
07-04-2010, 11:17 PM
The only thing I am listening to right now is 80s music Tongue (blame ashes to ashes) I don't know why lol I just love it all... Wierdly thought it has also bought me closer to my parents though lol my dad even got his old record collection out for me to see bless him haha.

My absolute favourite band is The Smiths, and also my Dad's too lol, now he has run off to work with my CDs :/ Thats the only problem I think with my new taste in music, he never wanted to borrow my CDs when I loved 50 cent pahaha
07-04-2010, 11:33 PM
I love The Smiths, YFM!

My long-time favourite band is The Clash. And Joe Strummer's stuff with the Mescaleros. Then he died Sad
08-04-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm sure I've talked about the Smiths earlier in this thread. They are one of my two fave bands EVER and I'm so glad 500 Days of Summer seems to have brought them new fans. Now all they have to do is fight over the royalties!

London Calling is a very Easter album, I recently discovered Smile Gotta love the Clash.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
08-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Love the Clash, no love for the Smiths Silba

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com