Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Episode 2 Discussion
09-11-2009, 03:34 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion
Dalby had better keep his head down as well - it was he who gave Connie the code/password to intercept and delete Lucas's phone conversation about the identity of the mole, and so made it necessary to kill Ben!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
So I've just been re-watching this episode again and honestly, my enjoyment is inhibited by the stupidity of that nickname for Urazov. Honestly, it makes me laugh every time.
09-11-2009, 03:52 PM
It's a tribute to their acting ability that they could keep a straight face while saying it!

Why did they need nicknames anyway - I can't recall any in other eps.
09-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh definitely - and the hit man being called Flopsy. "Flopsy has just entered the cafe." LOL

I hope Harry gets Ruth back on the Grid without too much trouble. After all, Mace started it.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-11-2009, 06:39 PM
(09-11-2009 03:52 PM)penfold Wrote:  It's a tribute to their acting ability that they could keep a straight face while saying it!

Why did they need nicknames anyway - I can't recall any in other eps.

I think they did it in other eps as well.. Assets, e.g. Rangefinder for Ros, also had codenames.
09-11-2009, 06:42 PM
They always use code names - Tranquility in S7E1. They always do Bravo One, Alpha One, etc. It's to keep their identities safe I think - if someone intercepts their conversation they have no way of necessarily knowing who is being talked about.

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
09-11-2009, 06:59 PM
I should have made the distinction between codenames. targets etc and daft nicknames like Thumper and Flopsy. Sorry - me being over critical.
There isn't much I can criticise in Spooks, so I went overboard when I found something!
09-11-2009, 07:04 PM
(07-11-2009 02:16 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Yeah, I love how Lucas always seems to end up saving the world at strip clubs.
Nice quote Big Grin
09-11-2009, 07:27 PM
To be fair, there are examples where they don't do it either, think Khordat in 7.4, or Meynell in 7.5. That's just because they were the episodes I watched most recently.

It's just because of that damn Disney bunny with the big dumb foot. Plus it's Ros saying it, which just makes it sound even funnier.
09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Ros saying it, with a straight face. And then she goes for the punchline:

Lucas: The hitman is Gosguly Garadanow, he runs drugs and girls out of the club, an old army buddy of Thumper.
Ros: I think we'll know him as flopsy.

LOL