Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Episode 2 Discussion
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
zzHeart Episode 2 Discussion
For discussion about Episode 2, which aired Friday 6th November @ 9pm on BBC 3.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion
Is it online for download already?
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Brilliant! Fast paced and compulsive and IMO better than the opening episode.

The Harry/Ruth relationship is really being cranked up - you could just feel the chemistry yet deep pain between them when they met on the bridge. This is going to be a highlight of this Season although my own guess is that Ruth will get killed off at the end of it.

I thought I had read that there was going to again be an underrunning theme but there would now appear not to be.

And Tariq looks like a good addition. Again I had heard nothing about a new team member.

Good news about the opening episode too - it won it's time slot with 6 million viewers.
06-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Yep, it's up on fastpasstv.com.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
06-11-2009, 11:08 PM
thank you Big Grin you made my day!
06-11-2009, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2009 12:03 AM by Fidget.)
(06-11-2009 10:44 PM)nothingisasitseems Wrote:  Brilliant! Fast paced and compulsive and IMO better than the opening episode.

The Harry/Ruth relationship is really being cranked up - you could just feel the chemistry yet deep pain between them when they met on the bridge. This is going to be a highlight of this Season although my own guess is that Ruth will get killed off at the end of it.

Oh no they can't kill off RuthThud
I didn't see Ruth in the opening titles I wonder what that means
07-11-2009, 12:30 AM
I didn't feel it was better than episode 1, but I enjoyed it very much. As I suspected, it was Jo and Ruth between them who pulled Harry back from the brink - they've always been two of the most empathetic people on the Grid. I don't think it's Ruth going
Spoiler: show
all signs point to Jo at this point.

They're definitely ramping up Rob Glenister's presence in the series, not just in episodes one and two, but for episode 3 by the looks of it. There's some truth to that I think - The Home Sec is involved much more in the day to day decisions in MI5 from what we've seen previously, and Glenister's so great.

And Ruth's back on the Grid next time! We also had the first mention of her knowing about Harry's knighthood too, and it was perfectly timed and expressed. "You've got a knighthood and I'm dead".

I suspected already that some of the storylines looked a little season 5ish, and this episode bore me out on that - a little like 5.4, except of course the Harry and Ruth dynamic couldn't be more different. And next week definitely bears similarities to other episodes from season 1 and 5, but the set-up is meaty.

I dig Tariq. Scruffy and fun to be had between him and Ros/him and Lucas. If he'd been really cheeky he would have lost the shirt under his jacket, and that would have been hilarious. No time though!
07-11-2009, 01:32 AM
I really liked this episode.. more than the first one. Had some great quotes too:

Ros: What is that?
Lucas: Malcolm's replacement
Ros: Tell him to lose the t-shirt, this isn't the bloody NME awards!

^LOVE IT

This one was also fantastic, can't remember it exactly, but it's along the lines of:

Harry: What do we know about what the Tazbeks are doing outside of negotiations?
Lucas: We've checking out their hang-outs, mainly strip clubs
Ros: Lucas taking one for the team there..

Big Grin

07-11-2009, 02:16 AM
Yeah, I love how Lucas always seems to end up saving the world at strip clubs. The problem with that NME quote was that it was already in every preview of the show I read. Pity.

If what happens next episode is what I think, we'll see another scene with Ruth and Jo lamenting all the broken bodies and shattered careers that litter their lives in MI5. A shadow of things to come perhaps?

I also enjoyed Ros' quasi compliment about Jo "having to do".

"Cheers Ros."
"No worries."

And Miranda looked great in that dress. I liked the building of the connection between the poet and Jo. And I love how they shot the climactic scene with the bastard on the bed, and the two girls shoulder to shoulder.
07-11-2009, 02:18 AM
(07-11-2009 02:16 AM)JHyde Wrote:  I also enjoyed Ros' quasi compliment about Jo "having to do".

"Cheers Ros."
"No worries."

I enjoyed that too.

I'm a bit fed up of Jo being emotionally attached to every she meets.. it does get very predictable..