Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
15-03-2011, 01:28 PM
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(15-03-2011 08:20 AM)lottanyman Wrote:  As for the supposed 14 weeks of filming this sounds quite promising to have 8 episodes but I've just checked the series 9 filming threads and back then they definately started a little bit earlier around mid/end of February and filming wasn't completed until July.

So this makes a difference of about 4 or 5 weeks more compared to today’s schedule, doesn't it? Huh Still hoping for 8 episodes, though…

I think filming was scheduled to finish in June last year but was extended into July as they were so behind.

Trying to look on the positive side, maybe a slighty shorter shooting season will help to reduce costs so extended the budget to help get 8 episodes.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
15-03-2011, 01:55 PM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2011 01:56 PM by A Cousin.)
(15-03-2011 04:08 AM)JHyde Wrote:  A Cousin, we definitely knew about Max and Sophia prior to the filming starting last year. That was how we got onto Max's twitter account before it was shut down.

It was also, if I recall, pretty much the confirmation of the show being renewed.

T'wern't me. It was lottanyman. But I was waiting to see if anyone had heard anything about this so you must have read my mind. Smile

I would be very surprised if there were any new regular cast members introduced. They seem to have a quorum. At least, if my theories about Vincent Regan/Alec are correct. I think he will be permanent.

I too am trying to look on the bright side. I think it feasible for it to go either way. 14 weeks for 6 leisurely filmed episodes OR 14 weeks of very quick filming for 8. I really don't think 6 is enough since they instigated the "over-arching theme" idea in S6. Unless, of course, they are wrapping it up completely.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
15-03-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm kind of hoping that there wouldn't be an 'over-arching' theme this series. But could shorter filming time just indicate more of it will Grid/studio filming (with less 'on location' filming) and therefore less setting-up etc?

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
15-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Quite possibly. It would cut down costs, and hopefully mean 8 episodes.
15-03-2011, 08:07 PM
(15-03-2011 02:16 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  I'm kind of hoping that there wouldn't be an 'over-arching' theme this series. But could shorter filming time just indicate more of it will Grid/studio filming (with less 'on location' filming) and therefore less setting-up etc?

Good grief, they will all end up killing each other if we have 8 Grid based episodes. Big Grin Wasn't it NW that said after filming episode 2.5 they'd had enough of each other?!!

I am hoping we will find out soon. With several filming sightings already, it's only a matter of time surely, that a spookie gets talking to a crew member and Fidget is let out of the bag.

15-03-2011, 10:38 PM
Our new friend, Russell Balogh has tweeted that Lydia Leonard has been cast in Spooks. He doesn't say if it's a one off part or if it's a larger part, but she's good in what I've seen her in - 39 Steps with RPJ and Casualty 1909.
16-03-2011, 09:19 PM
(15-03-2011 10:38 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Our new friend, Russell Balogh has tweeted that Lydia Leonard has been cast in Spooks. He doesn't say if it's a one off part or if it's a larger part, but she's good in what I've seen her in - 39 Steps with RPJ and Casualty 1909.

Yes, I tweeted him back about that, asking whether she was a new cast member or not. He replied that she was more important that him, and gave a twitter wink. Anyway, not sure what to read into that but if she is just a threat of the week actor, then she seems pretty good quality, in keeping with the great quality actors in S9.

The only other bit of filming news I cam across this week was a couple of tweets by Haringey Councillor Joe Goldberg who said they were filming Spooks outside his office. I asking him if any of the regular cast were there and he took a second photo and sent this to me. He said the only cast there seemed to be the woman in the photo but he didn't recognise her. Lydia Leonard perhaps?? Considering it was the day after the Russell Balogh shoot...Maybe...Maybe not.

http://yfrog.com/h8s74myj

http://yfrog.com/h02f7blj

16-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Hmmm - could be anyone. Can I ask how you're getting the tweets? I've got Spooks and Spooks Filming as saved searches, but I'm definitely missing some.

Is that a mat to reflect light on the actor's face or is it a crash mat?
17-03-2011, 02:34 AM
(16-03-2011 10:12 PM)Naivety Wrote:  Is that a mat to reflect light on the actor's face or is it a crash mat?

Looks like a lighting mat to me. I think a crash pad would have some depth to it?

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
17-03-2011, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2011 06:26 AM by JHyde.)
I think these pictures are going to be this year's 'stunt with the blonde pictures'.

For those who weren't around, some pictures were released last year that essentially showed the stunt that took place with Beth and Harry at the end of 9.2, when Beth saved Harry from being gunned down, but with Sophia's stunt double. It kept us all very busy guessing. So at the end of 9.2, once we knew the set up with Harry and the bag, it was actually a little spoiled, I think. A caveat to those glutting themselves on spoilers.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature