Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
20-05-2011, 08:06 AM
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(20-05-2011 07:38 AM)shiv11 Wrote:  Haha sorry everyone - I don't think anyone would have been able to hear anything unless they were actually standing on the set! I wouldn't trust anyone that said they heard something being said?

I didn't stay for long, but it seemed intense - there's not much more I can say!

Intense.... hmm... did u see any fighting scenes or was it just intense as in a matter of conversation?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-05-2011, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 08:18 AM by jacko.)
So can't wait to see this scene on screen though, love how close Harry and Ruth are standing in the pic that is just them two.
OOO a fighting scene would be good, i've always thought they should have a fight, Ruth should slap him and then he could kiss her.
Find all posts by this user
20-05-2011, 08:29 AM
hahaha... EXACLY! show this woman how this should be between them! Silba
20-05-2011, 12:27 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 12:59 PM by Goldrush70.)
Welcome shiv11! You were very lucky to have witnessed some of that scene being filmed. Plus getting a smile from Peter too. Wink

(20-05-2011 07:42 AM)jacko Wrote:  Thanks shiv11, to be honest I was wondering about that. If they did'nt want to tell anyone what they heard, why go on twitter and make a point of saying they knew what happened, it dosn't make sense. Thanks for the photo, great to see what filming looks like.

I'm not sure that we can make a fair judgement on that to be honest. I have been lucky enough to see some filming too (I posted some details a few pages back), and while it's difficult to pick up on the dialogue, actions can speak louder than words. Maybe the person on Twitter was reacting more to the emotions on display and the intensity of the scene?

There's also a fine line between explaining what you saw and not wanting to give too much away. The crew are kind enough to allow fans and passers-by to watch (plus, by their own admission, they are filming in a public place and anyone is entitled to be there), but I think we have a responsibility to the writers and everyone involved in Spooks to not divulge too much info, and to try to be discreet if we do see or hear something significant.
20-05-2011, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 12:37 PM by Forever Secret.)
*coughs* More Harry and Ruth... but is this good news or bad? Tongue
The fact that Ruth and Harry are getting a whole lot more scenes in S10 is great news though...

Very true Goldrush Wink
The context of the scenes surely going to be kept hush hush... good idea or it'd ruin the scene when we actually see it Wink
It's also not fair on the writters and crew if too much is given away... actors being there on set and stuff that can be seen is fair enough, they are after all filming for all to see, but are a lot of scenes of much importance usually filmed in an enclosed area or out of the public eye to stop huge spoilers getting out ?Wink

(20-05-2011 08:17 AM)jacko Wrote:  So can't wait to see this scene on screen though, love how close Harry and Ruth are standing in the pic that is just them two.
OOO a fighting scene would be good, i've always thought they should have a fight, Ruth should slap him and then he could kiss her.

Haha Jacko... I love that idea! It would have to be one hell of a fight between, they hardly ever even argue that much...a good fight and then a kiss could clear the air of tension for a while Tongue

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
20-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I too don't actually want to know what that scene was really about. I know I am on this thread with spoilers and I know that this seems to be a major scene for H/R but I don't know if it is a happy or sad one, angst filled or not. My guess is that it is, if the Home Sec is there, who is probably with Harry, and they are meeting in secret. Anyway, I am happy with the anticipation that has been built up. I am glad that the people that saw, are not saying exactly what happened. If I knew a spoiler which was a REAL spoiler, I would not make it public on the forum. That's just my opinion though.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
20-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:Haha Jacko... I love that idea! It would have to be one hell of a fight between, they hardly ever even argue that much...a good fight and then a kiss could clear the air of tension for a while Tongue

haha... yeah I guess they have NEVER really argued before... the hardest words R has heard from H is ´Thats enough Ruth!!!´
Thhug
20-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Well whoever this person is that saw filming of Harry and Ruth might not want to say anything. I believe it is desecration they are using. Yes they said something on twitter but they are also being very vague as well not to spoil for fans. Sadly a lot of people when they see filming are not keeping a sort of trust between Kudos and themselves. Meaning they don't care and say whatever which in turn tends to spoil things. Remember Kudos could easily make people stand back far enough away and use methods to block what is seen.
Anyway this is a scene between Harry and Ruth which is fantastic no matter what and just remember context is everything.
20-05-2011, 01:28 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 01:56 PM by Forever Secret.)
(20-05-2011 12:49 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I too don't actually want to know what that scene was really about. I know I am on this thread with spoilers and I know that this seems to be a major scene for H/R but I don't know if it is a happy or sad one, angst filled or not. My guess is that it is, if the Home Sec is there, who is probably with Harry, and they are meeting in secret. Anyway, I am happy with the anticipation that has been built up. I am glad that the people that saw, are not saying exactly what happened. If I knew a spoiler which was a REAL spoiler, I would not make it public on the forum. That's just my opinion though.

Exactly Smile I also don't want to know too much.
There was quite a lot of chatter on Twitter over not revealing who the third person in the scene was and it turned out to be not too much of a spoiler any way
We still have no idea what the scene is about or why the HS was there or if it was about Harry why Ruth was with him, and it should stay that way until S10 is aired Wink And yes I agree, if he is there it's probably a secret meeting. It's always good too build the series up without revealing too much of course.

If someone knew a real spoiler I'd think they'd just keep it to themselves,
That leaves us to speculate on what could happen, which is really all part of the fun of the building up to the Series Wink Tongue

True Bruno... it's Harry and Ruth which is good to see anyway, whether its a sad scene, a happy one or something else all together Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
20-05-2011, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2011 02:41 PM by A Cousin.)
(20-05-2011 01:28 PM)Forever Secret Wrote:  
(20-05-2011 12:49 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I too don't actually want to know what that scene was really about. I know I am on this thread with spoilers and I know that this seems to be a major scene for H/R but I don't know if it is a happy or sad one, angst filled or not.

Exactly Smile I also don't want to know too much.

Me three!

I don't mind knowing generalities, e.g. who is in a scene, general feel of a scene, etc., because we still have no idea of context and intention or outcome. But everyone has their own limits when it comes to spoilers. I try very hard to respect the choice of those that want to know everything in advance by leaving a thread that has too many for me so conversation can keep going. I hope they will return the respect for those of us who don't by at least using spoiler tags (per the rules) and give us the chance to decamp before it is too late. My own personal rule of thumb is that if I am in any way unsure if I should use spoiler tags or not, I use them. Esp. in this particular thread, which is not prefaced as a spoiler thread.

Thanks, shiv11, for the picture. It's great! I always like to see the filming process in action. This one is a particularly good one from that perspective. The crews are always much smaller than I expect them to be. Did anyone notice the pink and blue actor marks in the sand? I wonder whose make is blue and whose is pink? Wink NW seems to be in deep conversation with the sound tech. Must have been a difficult location to do the sound for. The wind screen on that mic is HUGE! There was probably lots of background noise from the Thames. Definitely not seeing Bahrat Nalluri and I don't know what Julian Holmes looks like. Then again, they could be out with an AD. Mussing further, if it is as big a scene as it seems to be for H/R/T, then I would imagine that the actual Director would be in attendance? So I am kind of wondering if Julian Holmes is the man holding the mic boom?

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet