Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
21-05-2011, 03:01 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2011 03:36 PM by LV R/H.)
RE: Series 10 Filming & Behind the Scenes
(20-05-2011 07:40 PM)Betty Wrote:  A very balanced "essay", LV R/H. Here's sort of an obvious observation about why we all crave spoilers even though we don't really want people to give up sacred secrets. It's because we're born Spooks! We love the thrill of the chase, the undercover op, the coded message, the match of wits (or in this case Tweets) with a worthy opponent. We just can't help ourselves.Cool

Thank You Betty, and i agree born Spooks!

(20-05-2011 08:15 PM)DogSoSmall Wrote:  Well said, LV R/H. Excellent first post and you are braver than me to come out and say it first! I was just thinking to myself oo er, everyone on here is much more noble than me! Silba

I agree with you about needing to be emotionally prepared. I would enjoy the series far more if I could relax and enjoy PF and NW's wonderful acting rather than feeling permanently sick with nerves from the unknown (so if anyone out there has a script, a private PM would be much appreciated - promise not to blab!! Cool )

Thanks for the support DogSoSmall, not sure about brave, i just felt things were starting to get out of hand, and to let people know a bit of info from the other side of the coin if you like, although i consider us all to be the same Spooks Fans just with different opinions and thats a good thing.

(20-05-2011 10:15 PM)BoHenley Wrote:  How clever are Kudos? Giving us "The Thames Beach Scene" with H/R and enough emotion seen by "the audience" to melt the forums. How many pages is it now since that first pic?

And I love it!

(As for spoilers: I love them, and agree with DogSoSmall that I'd rather know what's coming and enjoy the scene rather than be sick with nerves. But I'd NEVER intentionally give one away)

I too love it. I Also think Kudos know exactly what there doing they're not naive.Wink
Lara Pulver has tweeted that they will be filming for another 4 weeks! YayYahoo

Lara Pulver
@Kellyhendrick I'm not entirely sure. We have 4 weeks left of shooting and then pick ups, so who knows....!
Find all posts by this user
21-05-2011, 03:46 PM
I have been thinking about this whole discussion a lot in the past couple of days, I agree that I would not want to see the whole script and that to know the whole story would spoil the whole drama element...however, (as others have mentioned) the knowldge that we are going to get some happy H and R scenes, plus the knowledge that people do not die does, without doubt allow me to enjoy it more. A good example of this was when I watched series 9, I was totally convinced Ruth was going to die and in a way it spoilt the last two episodes, when I rewatched it I enjoyed it more as I was not constantly looking for signs that her time was up!

Secondly, re the lady on twitter that got very angry at people posting spoilers , correct me if I am wrong but isnt that what twitter is all about, tweeting so others know what is going on! and why is it ok for her to watch a spoiler but for the rest of us not to know it!!

Apologies for the mini rant...stressful times....its exam season!...

Oh and one last thing, can someone please tell me what the spoiler was, Harry, Ruth and Towers on a beach, why crying!!
21-05-2011, 03:59 PM
(21-05-2011 03:46 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  I have been thinking about this whole discussion a lot in the past couple of days, I agree that I would not want to see the whole script and that to know the whole story would spoil the whole drama element...however, (as others have mentioned) the knowldge that we are going to get some happy H and R scenes, plus the knowledge that people do not die does, without doubt allow me to enjoy it more. A good example of this was when I watched series 9, I was totally convinced Ruth was going to die and in a way it spoilt the last two episodes, when I rewatched it I enjoyed it more as I was not constantly looking for signs that her time was up!

Secondly, re the lady on twitter that got very angry at people posting spoilers , correct me if I am wrong but isnt that what twitter is all about, tweeting so others know what is going on! and why is it ok for her to watch a spoiler but for the rest of us not to know it!!

Apologies for the mini rant...stressful times....its exam season!...

Oh and one last thing, can someone please tell me what the spoiler was, Harry, Ruth and Towers on a beach, why crying!!

Yorkshiretyke, if it did'nt sound strange from someone you've never met i would hug you!Thhug This is exactly my point don't get me wrong the person in question i have no problems with, but i do find it hypocrytical if thats not too strong, to go and watch filming and then say I know, but i'm not telling you! How's that fair.Angry

Also there has been a lot of banding around about if you say anything then you don't respect the cast and crew, i find that very unfair as I respect them immmensly, if i did'nt i would'nt be so interested, and spending my time on a forum discussing the wonderfull work they do.

I also have filming info to post if anyone's interested? I did do it before but i don't think it worked, might just be meSilba

Anyway Lara Pulver posted on Twitter they are filming for another 4 weeks, yay!Yahoo

Lara Pulver
@Kellyhendrick I'm not entirely sure. We have 4 weeks left of shooting and then pick ups, so who knows....!
21-05-2011, 04:00 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2011 04:04 PM by Forever Secret.)
If they're filming for another four weeks I might be lucky and catch them when I visit London next month Tongue

Back on topic (Sort of)
I agree, that IS what Twitter is for, if you don't want the spoilers... don't search for Spoiler and dont follow people you know are going to post them Wink
Some people do want to know Spoilers which is why even on the forum we use Spoiler tags... so you can read if you want or leave if you want Wink
I for one love Spoilers, as long as they don't ruin the entire episode or even the entire Series, for example if you found a script laying around somewhere you wouldn't read it would you? Tongue

An even if you ask around that person on Twitter wouldn't say... if they didn't want to risk people who don't like Spoilers finding out then use the Direct Messages so they can't find out, I agree it's not fair if someone knows something and you ask them for ibfo that they don't share it... it's not as if they've written the episode themselves, and I can understand Sam Vincent teasing us, his tweets are all in good humour at least Wink

Okay no more spoiler talk... this threads about S10 filming after all

Series S10Filming Spoiler: show
As far as anyone on here know, I think all they know is it was Towers, Ruth and Harry on that beach, but no idea what it was about,
As for crying I think the person who saw the filming was just emotional over the scene, there was no mention of tears from the cast or crew, so it might not be a sad scene or anything Wink
Although I do still think it looks like in one of those pics as thought Ruth grabbing Harry... slightly haha

If it was an emotional scene between Ruth and Harry why would the HS be there, wouldn't it be better to have filmed something like that in a place out of the public eye? Wink
With Spooks a lot of things about the Series being made are kept very secret until the Press release

Perhaps the scene was just either a "Threat of the week" scene or something to do with Harry's past coming back to haunt, which we know will happen in S10 Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
21-05-2011, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2011 04:51 PM by yorkshiretyke.)
(21-05-2011 03:46 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Yorkshiretyke, if it did'nt sound strange from someone you've never met i would hug you!Thhug

Thanks for that, I thought I was maybe being a bit blunt, so I am glad you agree.... I blame it on my yorkshire roots, we say what we think up here!
21-05-2011, 05:12 PM
yeah I actually agree with the last posts- one shouldn't be on these forums if they didn't want to read spoilers and speculations. Because even those who have seen the filming process only can speculation about what they have seen. You would be surprised how different these scenes turn out to be when glued together...

so stop with this whining about people giving away information about filming and lets discuss the filming process instead... Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-05-2011, 05:49 PM
(21-05-2011 05:12 PM)richliga Wrote:  so stop with this whining about people giving away information about filming and lets discuss the filming process instead... Smile

Haha! I tried about three pages back! I'll try again.

Can anyone provide a positive ID and/or picture of Julian Holmes, the director for 10.3 and 10.4? I know what Alrick Riley and Bahrat Nalluri look like.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
21-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Ok here is my rant and I'll be done. If someone sees something and posts it publicly without giving any details it is up to them to decide what is the best response to questions. I went back to look over their tweets as well as others before. This person only stated something about emotional moment. Has anyone thought about them giving us all a red haring? During s8 filming Kudos had someone from crew post on the main Spooks forum (which has been recognised by people in production and before this forum); now looking back what was posted some of it was red haring. I mean hell I was guilty of posting red haring that year as I knew a key spoiler. Has anyone else consider this person being emotional because this could be the end of the show so mixed with watching a d*mn fine performance could be part of it. Stop harping on what someone tweets or posts. In the end be thankful we actually know bits of info to give us theories. Before s8 we were left in the dark completely.
Rant/ soapbox done.
Back on topic. These places of people telling us filming is fantastic for Spooks tours.
21-05-2011, 08:56 PM
Good comments Bruno.

Come on guys, let's try and get this thread back on a happy note. The threads giving me a nasty taste in my mouth. No one has committed any crime here. JHyde suggested starting a spoiler discussion in a separate thread which sounds a good idea. As Harry said to Ruth "we move on from this."

And before anyone thinks I'm being patronising, I'm not trying to be. Honest.

So...... Any filming news for today and tomorrow anyone??

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
21-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Spooks has been spotted filming again in London today (according to Twitter) - outside some library or other - no other info.

It would be nice to see this thread back on topic, some of the comments have left a bit of a funny taste, which is a shame because the forum in general is fantastic and everyone is normally so positive.