Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks BAFTA awards 2010
06-06-2010, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 09:54 AM by tyme4t.)
RE: Spooks BAFTA awards 2010
(06-06-2010 08:24 AM)RoninExec Wrote:  Ahem...

Confused Allow me to respectfully underscore that the "B" in BAFTA stands for "British". Last time I checked, Canada had won the war against England about 145 years ago, thus gaining its independence. Yahoo <<< (New Canadian who just got independance)

I appreciate Brits and Canadians still to this day do swear allegiance to the same Queen Thhug however it doesn't make Canada a far away province of the "Perfide Albion"!Sleepy

Maybe you Canucks should create your own CAFTA ? Smile

Smile With all due respect - my reply is as follows:
1. Canada did not fight a war to gain independance - peacefully done celebrating 143 years on July 1st.
2. I am very aware that B stands for British - however it would be nice if say a tv channel whose mandate is to air British programs would consider airing a British awards show which celebrates British television.
3. Canada does celebrate excellence in television programming with the Gemini award (formerly known as the ACTRA) - and yes we have lots to celebrate.

Go [spooks] go!! Cool

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2010, 10:03 AM
(06-06-2010 08:24 AM)RoninExec Wrote:  Ahem...

Confused Allow me to respectfully underscore that the "B" in BAFTA stands for "British". Last time I checked, Canada had won the war against England about 145 years ago, thus gaining its independence. Yahoo <<< (New Canadian who just got independance)

I appreciate Brits and Canadians still to this day do swear allegiance to the same Queen Thhug however it doesn't make Canada a far away province of the "Perfide Albion"!Sleepy

Maybe you Canucks should create your own CAFTA ? Smile

The B in BBCCanada also stands for British. It's a website promoting BBC programmes being aired in Canada so there's no reason why Canadians shouldn't be able to watch a British awards ceremony too, even if they did win their independence so many years ago. Wink
06-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:That's a shame tyme4t. It's on here, BBC1 about 8pm tonight I think. Can you access the BBC iplayer from Canada? It may be on there later or some kind soul may put it up on youtube. Anway I did consider for about 4 seconds, going to see the stars on the red carpet, but you had to have been there at 8am today, to get a ticket for the public viewing area. Life is just a little too short for that I feel. Smile Fingers crossed for all Spooks related peoples at the awards today. Smile Smile

Hey TL - BBC iplayer only allows radio programming access - which is great Smile - but not TV programming - which is not so great Undecided
I'm sure somewhere out there I will be able to check out the important bits - Richard Armitage for example Wink
I'm not a huge fan of award shows except when my favourite show/actors are nominated - like today...
8am on a Sunday morning - I'd rather be on the SF than waiting to possibly get a quick glimpse of the people on the red carpet. Now if you had to line up at 8am to get a ticket for getting access to a [spooks] shoot or tour of the grid...well that's a different story! Wink

06-06-2010, 11:06 AM
tyme4t, if you check out http://www.bafta.org they'll be posting live video from the awards ceremony, you can watch the stars arriving and the winners backstage apparently.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
06-06-2010, 11:27 AM
(06-06-2010 11:06 AM)Aria Wrote:  tyme4t, if you check out http://www.bafta.org they'll be posting live video from the awards ceremony, you can watch the stars arriving and the winners backstage apparently.

Thanks Aria! - and I must correct an terrible omission in my cheers for the BAFTAS - Good Luck to David Oyelowo!!!!!Smile Seems I have been forgetting him in my wishes to [spooks] & MM!

06-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I'll try and watch it through that link, hope I can! Thanks! Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
06-06-2010, 09:22 PM
Spooks didn't win Thcussing, which I wasn't that surprised about, Misfits did. Matthew MacFadyen won best supporting actor Smile but David Oleyowu lost out to Kenneth Branagh for best actor (sorry almh, I know how much you love Wallander Tongue).

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Oh well never mind. A nomination is still good. There were a couple of shots of RA and MR in the audience but did anyone else think it was a bit odd that they showed them and not PF who was sitting on the end of that row? It would have been easier to film him rather than RA who was sitting in the middle of the row. Only glimpsed PF from time to time and not sure, but NW could have been sitting next to him. I will have to go back and look at my Sky recording again when Mr TL finishes with the golf. I don't think PF was wearing a tux this year though and had a button down shirt on. It did look very warm in there though.

Hopefully someone has taken some photos of the Spooks team on the red carpet but I've had a quick look on Getty and the BAFTA site itself and can only see one of MR who presented an award and one of RA on the red carpet. A bit strange. Maybe some photos will emerge from fans soon.

Did anyone think the MM award was a bit odd? He sent no-one to collect it on his behalf, when all the other absentees did. The presenter just said he's in Spain so I will take the award for him and walked off. No recorded message, nothing.

Bit in a huff that didn't get to see more of PF.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
06-06-2010, 09:32 PM
Dodgy Too bad about [spooks] & David...but for MM Yahoo !!!!!!

06-06-2010, 09:57 PM
What even is misfits? tssk I wouldn't have minded Spooks losing out to the other quality dramas nominated but why do they always seem to give Baftas to the unpopular shows, and even worse ant and dec and simon cowell. Ick. Sad But yay for MM Big Grin I did think it was odd, because other people from Criminal Justice must've been there as they were nominated so the director could've read out a message from him or something, like the others that weren't present. hmm.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user