Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks BAFTA awards 2010
27-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Spooks BAFTA awards 2010
Spooks has been nominated for a BAFTA (British Academy of Film and Television Arts) Television Craft Award in the category of "Sound Fiction." (?)

The winner will be announced on the 23rd May. Spooks is up against Red Riding 1974, Cranford, and Wallander.

I thought I would open this thread so we can add more nominations which are certain to come Angel when the BAFTA Television nominations are announced (best actor, best actress etc) on the 10th May.

Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick as they say.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2010, 10:04 PM
RE: Spooks BAFTA awards 2010
Fingers crossed for PF as best actor.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
28-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Very glad that it has been nominated, I haven't heard of any of the others so can't really comment but fingers crossed. Hopefully some nominations in some other catagories. There are definately actors who are deserving. Peter for definate, Nicola and Hermione, Richard for that matter too!
28-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Sound Fiction? Eh?

Anyways, it's always nice to see Spooks win awards!

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2010, 06:41 PM
(27-04-2010 09:41 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  The winner will be announced on the 23rd May. Spooks is up against Red Riding 1974, Cranford, and Wallander.

Wallander better not win Dodgy (It's one of my pet hates... not that I've ever watched it, but the whole idea of it seems like a whole load of rubbish. Thcussing )

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
28-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Has SPOOKS won anything before, being new to the series I am a little in the dark, I would have thought that it would have done by now, certainly as it seems to me that the early series were by far the best.
Fingers crossed that some stuffy costume drama doesn't pip it to the post. I agree PF should be due something as he is, I understand from posts on the site, the only remaining original cast member.
Good Luck Chaps! Cool

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
28-04-2010, 08:35 PM
(28-04-2010 07:39 PM)CONDOR Wrote:  Has SPOOKS won anything before, being new to the series I am a little in the dark, I would have thought that it would have done by now, certainly as it seems to me that the early series were by far the best.
Fingers crossed that some stuffy costume drama doesn't pip it to the post. I agree PF should be due something as he is, I understand from posts on the site, the only remaining original cast member.
Good Luck Chaps! Cool

Condor, there is a list of awards on the Spooks Wikipedia page if you scroll down towards the bottom. Basically it won BAFTAs in 2003 and 2008 and was nominated 2005,2006, and 2009. I guess its most prominent award nomination of recent times was for the International Emmy for series 7. Unheard of for a series in its 7th year.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
28-04-2010, 09:17 PM
PF certainly deserves Best Actor - he was utterly superb in season 8. Even more superb than he was in the other seven.

"Where's Harry?"
"Moving in mysterious ways."
29-04-2010, 07:04 AM
Sorry T Lady, like a good agent I should have done my research first. I must say I would have been very surprised if it hadn't won anything.

If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.
10-05-2010, 09:23 AM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2010 09:31 AM by nadiatw.)
Spooks has been nominated in the Best Drama Series category of the 2010 TV Bafta Awards