Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who
16-06-2010, 01:22 PM
RE: Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who
Very interesting. Thanks TeaLady.

TV programming is an issue over here too. In the US we are so commercialized, I have noticed the (blessed) lack of "product placement" in UK shows. I forget which episode of Spooks I was watching in late S7, but someone was sitting on a park bench drinking a bottle of water and I noticed that the label had been removed. That would never happen over here! Programming comes down to who is willing to pay for it and who is willing to watch it.

As for the seat belt and driving while using a mobile phone issue, it would seem that the old debate between creatives and management is alive a well. Creatives want reality and truth, management want numbers and accountability. This is a debate that will never be resolved, I fear. All that can be done is to balance them.

I would disagree that Dr Who is a children's show though. It crosses demographics, IMO. My 9 year old loves it but is a little afraid of it. My 6 year is not afraid of it but doesn't understand most of it. My 4 year old just goes to bed.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who - A Cousin - 16-06-2010 01:22 PM