Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who
17-06-2010, 01:54 PM
RE: Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who
(17-06-2010 07:49 AM)Tea Lady Wrote:  For example, most shows I have seen in recent years do not contain swearing, nudity, and certainly not sex scenes.

Puritans that we are, the FCC does not allow most swearing, nudity and sex scenes in US TV. I agree, not realistic at all. Ironic, given our annoying penchant for what is loosely called "Reality TV" which has nothing real about it. A good juicy expletive, full frontal or roll in the hay on PBS or cable is always fun and different but even there they have to mute/blur it out - depending on the word and air time.

I have tried but not found the groove with most of our dramas. I find our dramas to be rather formulaic. I prefer our comedies. The more satirical, the better.

There is good stuff on both sides of the pond. The way it is funded and made makes all the difference.

I remember seeing smoking in Zoe's last episode by some un-named guy covering her outside the building. However, the fact that I was so aware of it may mean that it is the anomaly. I may have struck me only because it certainly would not happen over here.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stephen Fry article - Spooks / Doctor Who - A Cousin - 17-06-2010 01:54 PM