Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
How are you going to watch Spooks this Monday, 20th?
15-09-2010, 05:32 PM
How are you going to watch Spooks this Monday, 20th?
This was a thead that we opened for S8 and was quite good fun so I thought I would bring it back to life for S9. It's just meant as a bit of fun. So tell us how you are going to prepare for 9.1, what extremes will you have to go to, to watch it, etc etc.

For example, last year JHyde was going to listen to Mozart's Requiem to get herself in the mood. Beatriz was going to sit down with home made pop-corn and have a lollypop. Almh was stuck at some afterschool meeting about a trip to CERN.

I will start us off. I will be sitting down again, with a bottle of white Burgundy to hopefully bring Harry and Ruth some luck (it didn't work last year!) I was hoping Mr TL would be working, but unfortunately he will be at home, so I will have to mentally prepare myself for silly questions and comments. I think I will also get up late Monday, to make the day go quicker.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
15-09-2010, 05:40 PM
RE: How are you going to watch Spooks this Monday, 20th?
This thread is massively rubbing salt in my wounds. lol.

On Monday 20th I will be sitting in front of my TV trying to encourage the magical TV fairies to connect my TV to the outside world just for an hour or so.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2010, 05:48 PM
I've been putting a lot of thought into Monday night, because unfortunately it is the busiest night of the week for us. One of my sons has Scouts which finishes at 9pm (rats and double rats) so obviously someone has got to go and get him. Sooo, if my hubby goes out to get him, I can sit and watch the opening in peace, then rewind it back to the beginning (God bless the person who invented V+/Sky +) and watch it again, pretending that it's been on pause all that time!Silba Genius, hey? And of course I will record it and watch it again after the news.

It is also the day after my birthday so the chances of some decent alcohol and a box of chocolates are high! Unlike Ruth I can't see a problem with chocolates on my birthday!
15-09-2010, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 15-09-2010 05:59 PM by TygerBright.)
as just braggingly posted elsewhere - in front of the HUGE sports screen in my local pub. With lots of Guinness, nuts, and the other Berlin Spooks nuts Big Grin
Can you imagine Lucas' face in HUGE (not to speak of other parts, and steamy kitchen table scenes Smile)

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
15-09-2010, 06:34 PM
(15-09-2010 05:59 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  as just braggingly posted elsewhere - in front of the HUGE sports screen in my local pub. With lots of Guinness, nuts, and the other Berlin Spooks nuts Big Grin

How many fellow Spooksnuts will there be Tyger? Are you going to do this every week?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
15-09-2010, 06:39 PM
counted 5 so far, and I'm just putting out the word. Wouldn't mind having screen (and Lucas) all to myself though. Once it's on other customers will watch too, I'm sure. And the plan is to make that a weekly event for the next 2 months Smile
so if ever you find yourselves in Berlin, on a Monday, with nothing to do Big Grin

[Image: s9-sig.jpg]
15-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Will be shutting myself in the lounge, hogging my dad's big comfy chair, kicking everyone else out (unless they stay silent throughout), and forewarning everyone that if they dare to upset the TV recording I will be very upset.

Prior to watching, I'll probably be hopping about the place though Tongue Might use my hyperactivity and go for a run for once Big Grin

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-09-2010, 07:39 PM
Am hugely grateful that it is on Mondays as I am doing drama rehearsals the rest of the week
Will be curling up in the lounge and recording at the same time Smile

LUCAS:They told me I could come home if I spied for them
HARRY:What did you say?
LUCAS:I said yes
15-09-2010, 08:41 PM
I've got a 6:30pm Physics lecture (which is being done by Professor Brian Cox!!! Big Grin) in London, and I doubt it'll make it back in time Sad So sadly I'll be watching it on iPlayer as soon as it's finished, and then catching up on all the sleep I missed due to Spooks/Spooks related hyperness in my double free/Chemistry lesson the next day Smile

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
15-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Thanks for this thread Tea Lady!!! I thought of it last week. It's a great idea Smile

I'm in the same situation as Nitrus, well, sort of, so I'll be in front of my laptop hoping my fairy godmother appears and let me watch Spooks and and have an internet connection.

(15-09-2010 06:39 PM)TygerBright Wrote:  counted 5 so far, and I'm just putting out the word. Wouldn't mind having screen (and Lucas) all to myself though. Once it's on other customers will watch too, I'm sure. And the plan is to make that a weekly event for the next 2 months Smile
so if ever you find yourselves in Berlin, on a Monday, with nothing to do Big Grin

I'm going to move to Berlin instead of Barcelona, I have decided right now Smile

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva