Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Spooks Memorabilia Creation
06-06-2011, 03:23 PM
Spooks Memorabilia Creation
Wasn't QUITE sure what to call this thread or where to post it.
However I've been asked by a friend from Twitter, also on Spooks Central and NW forum (But not on here) to let people know of an propsal she has. So on her behalf I'm posting on here
She will be ordering a set of 100 Spooks wristbands for fans to have, given out for free for anyone that wants them.
There's already been rather a lot of interest over Twitter, but she needs more numbers to be able to purchase the bands as they only come in a Set of 100 Wink

Message was
"For all #Spooks fans. If I were to get those wristbands(rubber kind) that would say [Spooks] on it would anyone be interested?Free to anyone"

If you're interested, talk to her on Twitter, or on NW forum (If you're on there) and let her know by sending a direct message.

It's a great chance to get a piece of free Spooks memorablilla as there's so little of it around any way Smile

http://nicolawalker.proboards.com/index....user=admin

http://twitter.com/#!/jadewhite1

And P.S I hope I don't get in trouble for this Wink

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 03:35 PM by Nitrus.)
RE: Spooks Memorabilia Creation
It'll be interesting to see if they are properly licensed and adhering to all copyright and trademark laws. Smile

Hell, Kudos got pissy when I tried to get t-shirts printed. Sad

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2011, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2011 03:58 PM by Forever Secret.)
Wink She's already tying to get that sorted out.
I'm hoping Kudos will be kind enough just let us use the logo Wink

"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
There must be a way around it, using a slight alteration to the design if they say no.....

Harry & Ruth fan Heart Ros & Malcolm fan

Books are a girls best friend Wink
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
You could remove the [] and it would be fine. But then it's just the word spooks and you look like a gimp. lol.

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
06-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Haha! True... true Wink
An email has been sent to Kudos asking permission to use it, the plus side is these wrist bands aren't being created for profit,they're being given away for free... so perhaps they will be kind and let us use it Wink

06-06-2011, 07:04 PM
I wonder if {} could be used instead.....very similar but different enough to get away with I should think

Harry & Ruth fan Heart Ros & Malcolm fan

Books are a girls best friend Wink
06-06-2011, 09:26 PM
(06-06-2011 07:04 PM)MrsHat Wrote:  I wonder if {} could be used instead.....very similar but different enough to get away with I should think

or write the word SPOOKS in morse code! Wink
06-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I believe {} would be regarded as 'passing off', so wouldn't be a legal alternative.
08-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Posted over on the other Spooks forum from the person with the writsbands idea:

OK Everyone Kudos legal department came back with a final answer. Nothing [Spooks], Character Full Names, or Quotes from the show.

Now I did ask Lady J about her wonderful 'Ruth and Harry Get it On' her take on the 'Keep Calm and Carry On'. She graciously said that it is OK to use that!

So I'm thinking let's have some options.

Here is a TOP 3

Grouping idea is WWHD, WWRD, WWAD, WWZD.... Now these would be individual but need a final count of which ones. Don't forget WWHD = What Would Harry Do WWRD = What Would Ruth Do or Ros it is your choice

Ruth & Harry Get It On

Would need another generic Spooks theme that we all get. Like 'spooks Section F' means 'F' for Fans. You can't legally go after someone for saying spooks but they can if I did [Spooks] (great idea from Too Spooked)

Let me know what you all think. How about a final decision is made by Friday this week.