Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Series 10 Ratings
19-09-2011, 11:04 AM
Series 10 Ratings
The overnight ratings are in and as expected Spooks was well beaten by Downton Abbey.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a341...pooks.html

Downton Abbey c9m
Spooks 4.62m

I never understood why some thought that this would be a good time slot for it. I feel it deserved better.

However 4.62m is perhaps not as bad as it might have been and it will be interesting to see what the final BARB figure is once any of those who recorded it and watch later are added in.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2011, 01:30 PM
RE: Series 10 Ratings
it will fo up hugly on teh full consolated it will be interesting to see the time shift! but spooks hasnt hit 9 milion since s1 i think but its usualy between 5 and 6 million! but on the pluss side downton didnt do that well either! 12 mil last year!

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2011, 02:16 PM
I hope the overnight figs get it to 5m. It deserves that.
19-09-2011, 02:25 PM
It will inevitably have lower ratings not just because if the time slot but because it is not aimed at as many people in the first place. To use a stereotype I can't see many older people (+65's) choosing a high drama show of any sort (no matter how many formats it's available on) over a calming period piece. It's almost not worth comparing the ratings because the shows are so incomparable.
19-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I am quite shocked it got beaten so badly! (Probably because I have never watched Downton Abbey in my life but heyho) Especially with it being the last series I thought it would grab a few viewers back that maybe stopped watching it. I think that might kick in towards the end of the series with people wanting to watch the 'last ever episode'.

On a Sunday night I guess the mood is more winding down at the end of the weekend rather than fast paced drama which is such a pity because Spooks deserves a good send off!!
19-09-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm sure that once the BARB figures are in, it will score much higher. But the most surprising result of the night was that Antiques Roadshow (snoresville) got higher ratings than Spooks. Apologies if there are any AR fans reading this, but are these people dead from the neck up?
19-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Guys, these figures are good. The Kudos writers on twitter have also commented today they are happy with them.

I know my friends and family are not a representative sample of the whole country, but a lot recorded Spooks and watched Downton and vice versa. Also, Spooks often does well taking into account recordings and iplayer. When the BARBs are out in a couple of weeks, Spooks will be around 6 million for sure. Spooks often picked up a million viewers in these figures when it was placed against Whitechapel last year. This means it will have held it's own against Downton. Something to be proud of I feel. Smile

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
19-09-2011, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 19-09-2011 07:05 PM by A Cousin.)
(19-09-2011 05:13 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Guys, these figures are good. The Kudos writers on twitter have also commented today they are happy with them.

I know my friends and family are not a representative sample of the whole country, but a lot recorded Spooks and watched Downton and vice versa. Also, Spooks often does well taking into account recordings and iplayer. When the BARBs are out in a couple of weeks, Spooks will be around 6 million for sure. Spooks often picked up a million viewers in these figures when it was placed against Whitechapel last year. This means it will have held it's own against Downton. Something to be proud of I feel. Smile

Hear, hear, TL!

Looking back for comparison, 9.1 initially came in at 5.6M and 6.7M when all was said and done. Considering the competition and the anticipated adding of those who watch later, I think it did really well!

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
25-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Going to be interesting to see what the final figures are for the first episode.

Five Live had a discussion this morning which lasted for around 10 minutes on the schedule clash between it and Downton and it would seem quite a few people did record it for later viewing.

Some commented that they liked to feel part of a large group so watched what they thought have the bigger viewing figures - it takes all sorts!!
25-09-2011, 06:44 PM
will be announced tomorow afternoon '-)

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's